Re: Has anyone used PCGen's DM Toolset?

  • skippy_net
    Message 1 of 42 , Jan 1, 2002
      > > I don't use the initiative function, because we all like to roll
      > > our own dice.
      >
      > Just to help you out in the future... You can let PCGen roll Init,
      > then modify the resulting values to match whatever each player
      rolled
      > for their own character. That way they can still roll for
      > themselves, but you can also keep track of those rolls on the
      combat
      > tab along with everything else. The buttons along the bottom that
      > (by default) allow you to add HP can be adjusted (using both drop-
      > down lists) to add/subtract Init instead of HP.

      Yeah, I noticed that. I'm not the DM in this campaign, so I don't
      worry too much about keeping track of initiative during combat
      sequences.

      I do DM a play-by-email campaign, though. If the Combat tab offered
      a little more in terms of functionality, I might use it for that.
      Specifically, I'd like to be able to roll all of the to-hits, apply
      the appropriate bonuses, and show me the final results, listed in
      initiative order.

      It might also be nice to have the ability to add opponents to the
      Combat tab listing, and include their initiative and to-hit rolls,
      and then sort _everything_ by initiative order, so that with the
      click of one button I can have an entire combat round unfold.

      These opponents wouldn't need to be anything fancy - just
      placeholders ("Opponent 1", for example, as opposed to choosing a
      specific monster). I could add the opponent's to-hit modifiers
      myself to the computed roll, and determine if it's a hit against the
      PC's armor class.

      I suppose I should enter that as a feature request, eh?
    • RageHeart
      Message 42 of 42 , Jan 3, 2002
        Hi, Franco, Matthew E,

        OH MY! someone else gets it too!?

        At 1/3/2002 12:47:00 PM you wrote:
        >but if tiny armor because it is thinner and lighter reduces AC, wouldn't
        >larger armor be thicker and heavier making the AC higher?
        >
        >Wait I forgot something!
        >Logic does not exist in this dojo! Does it!
        >NO SEN SAI!
        >;}
        >-Matt

        << As Rage tosses a reality brick through the window. >>

        Regards,
        RageHeart
        rageheart@...