RE: [pcgen] Re: new |save.xxx|, |AC.xxx| tokens for csheets

  • Richard O'Doherty-Gregg
    Message 1 of 49 , Jan 1, 2002
      >> - FORTITUDE.BASE works just fine, but REFLEX.BASE and WILL.BASE just
      >> return "0"
      >
      >Fixed. Copy & paste error.

      I guessed it would be :-)

      >> - AC.Ability does not include wisdom bonus for monks.
      >Fixed ...

      Excellent

      >> - where does the Monks inherent AC bonus get added? (or rather where
      >> should it get added? Ability probably)
      >AC.ABILITY ...

      Excellent as well :-)

      >> - AC.EQUIP does not seem to be getting bonuses from Rings, Bracers

      >Fixed ...

      >And AC.NATURAL should work now, too. Why you got anything at all from
      >that token is really strange, I had copied some old code, which
      >didn't do anything ...
      >Well, one problem with this token remains:
      >Amulet of Natural Armor +x is included in AC.EQUIP and AC.NATURAL, so
      >you can't really use both tokens at the same time since your amulet's
      >boni would be listed twice and something like AC.EQUIP.NONATURAL
      >would remove other natural boni for templates or whatever, too.

      >So, magical items which grant natural armor will always be a minor
      >problem.

      Hmmmm, well some of my party have one of these (all only +1) so this is
      going to be a problem. I think it should be included just in AC.NATURAL
      and not AC.EQUIP (as it is a natural bonus). Would it be possible to
      filter out TYPE=Natural armor bonuses from AC.EQUIP?

      >Ok.
      >And another problem remains.
      >That inherent monk armor bonus is only granted if and only if
      >WIS mod + ac bonus > -1.
      >That means, if your monk had a really low Wisdom (highly improbable
      >but possible), you wouldn't get the ac bonus.
      >Sadly, I do not know how to enforce that currently.
      >Both monk ac boni use currently BONUS:COMBAT|AC|x in lst.
      >Is it possible to add another identifier to the BONUS-tag to get the
      >wanted behavior?

      In the Monk description it has "A monk adds her wisdom bonus (if any) to
      AC..." which means they only add the Wisdom BONUS if it is positive. It
      would have to specify wisdom bonus or penalty to say that you subtract a
      negative wisdom modifier from AC.

      So this is currently incorrect, but I'm sure not many monks have a low
      wisdom :-)

      -oROGutang
    • Tim Evans
      Message 49 of 49 , Jan 6, 2002
        Hello Lonestar,

        L> Hi!

        L> I'm not sure if there is already a FREQ for this, but would it be
        L> possible to replace the "Close", "Medium", "Long" for spell ranges
        L> with the actual values? i.e. 25ft. + 5ft/2levels for Close

        Better still, given PCGen knows what level the caster is just have the
        calculated range..:)

        L> Next request concerning spells:
        L> Would it be possible to have saving throw DC on a per spell basis and
        L> automatically add bonuses from feats (i.e. Spell Focus giving +2 for
        L> a chosen school).

        Like both those ideas, can put them to good use in PCGenView.

        --
        Best regards,
        Tim mailto:tim.evans@...