Re: Non-Medium-size armor error...

  • artoomis
    Message 1 of 42 , Jan 1, 2002
      *sigh*

      According to the PHB as revised by errata, armor bonuses are not
      changed when making armor for smaller OR larger OR non-humanoid
      creatures - cost and weight are.

      The errata text is:

      Page 105, column 2 top: replace text of sidebar with the following:
      Armor for unusually big creatures,
      unusually little creatures, and nonhumanoid creatures has different
      prices and weights from those given
      on Table 7-5: Armor. Armor for Gargantuan and Colossal creatures must
      be specially made and has no
      standard price or weight.
      Humanoid Non-Humanoid
      Size Price Weight Price Weight
      Up to Tiny* x 1/2 x 1/10 x 1 x 1/10
      Small x 1 x 1/2 x 2 x 1/2
      Medium-size x 1 x 1 x 2 x 1
      Large x 2 x 2 x 4 x 2
      Huge x 4 x 5 x 8 x 5

      The text that it replaces mentions 1/2 protection for timy
      creatures. That text has been removed. The errata has specifically
      deleted all reference to changing armor protection with size.

      The Sage is authorized to make clarifications, not new rules. This
      is pretty clearly NOT an official rule - the official rule is that
      there is nor change to aemor bonuises no matter the size of the
      armor. Of course, he made have made is ruling BEFORE the errata.

      A possible Sage e-mail notwithstanding, the rule is clear - smaller
      armor maintains the same armor protection.

      It might be appropriate to allow a house-rule for this, for those who
      want to follow the pre-errata rules.

      --- In pcgen@y..., "Mynex" <mynex3@h...> wrote:
      > *sigh* I have to repeatedly close a bug entry for this one… again
      and
      > again… (not you specifically Leonard, just overall) ..
      >
      > The Sage has said that _ALL_ armors small and down lose AC .. This
      was
      > in an email, and no I don't have that email anymore (lost it when my
      > system died)
      >
      > PLEASE stop making bug reports at Source Forge for this, it is
      _NOT_ in
      > error. (Again, not you specifically Leonard, just to everyone)
      >
      > Mynex
      > - Dark Sith Silverback Android, Dark Lord of the Docs, The
      Sleepless One

    • RageHeart
      Message 42 of 42 , Jan 3, 2002
        Hi, Franco, Matthew E,

        OH MY! someone else gets it too!?

        At 1/3/2002 12:47:00 PM you wrote:
        >but if tiny armor because it is thinner and lighter reduces AC, wouldn't
        >larger armor be thicker and heavier making the AC higher?
        >
        >Wait I forgot something!
        >Logic does not exist in this dojo! Does it!
        >NO SEN SAI!
        >;}
        >-Matt

        << As Rage tosses a reality brick through the window. >>

        Regards,
        RageHeart
        rageheart@...