Re: [pcgen] Re: Magical AC bonus types.

  • Keith Davies
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 31, 2001
      merton_monk wrote on Mon Dec 31 16:50:05 2001:

      > --- In pcgen@y..., "packalpha2000" <yahoo@v...> wrote:
      > > I still don't understand this whole issue. Why didn't they just
      > > make a Shield Bonus. That way it would stack with the appropriate
      > > other stuff.
      > > Sheesh.
      >
      > Heh - because Bracers of Armor wouldn't stack with those either. I
      > know... it's a slight breakage of consistency on their part unless
      > you look at a shield as being part of a complete set of armor.

      y'know what makes it worse? I've always considered the shield a very
      specialized *weapon*. I've found, when designing or modifying combat
      systems, it makes certain aspects much more elegant and easier.

      Ah, well... I can see why it was done that way. A shield is used to,
      well, *shield* people, right? It's a strictly protective item and can
      be treated as armor, right?

      Keith
      --
      Keith Davies
      kjdavies@...

      Elarios: "Shade, you showed honor and mercy
      "Raven, you were couragous beyond expectation
      "Logan, you resisted the temptation of knowledge."

      Logan: "That's... good, right?"