PC Gen View?

  • mabreauxus
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 30, 2001
      Will there ever be a PCGENview for Pocket PC?

      Michael
      ac6fm@...
    • bd_92
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 30, 2001
        --- In pcgen@y..., "mabreauxus" <ac6fm@m...> wrote:
        > Will there ever be a PCGENview for Pocket PC?
        >
        > Michael
        > ac6fm@m...

        yes there is one out there but it is NoWHERE near as flexible as
        PCGenView...there is a link on tim evans site to that one...although
        there has been no updates for eons...tis a shame....i just export my
        char to .html and view it that way on my IPAQ..
      • Tim Evans
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 31, 2001
          Hello mabreauxus,

          m> Will there ever be a PCGENview for Pocket PC?

          There is a link from my site to one, it has not changed much over the
          last few months, as the author is very busy with real work :)

          My dev tool is promising to produce a WinCE 3 run time, at wich point
          it should be possible to run mine..:)

          m> Michael
          m> ac6fm@...

          --
          Best regards,
          Tim mailto:tim.evans@...
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 31, 2001
            Hi :)

            I just installed PCGenView on my brand new Palm m105 ;)
            I don't know what kind of problem Jon had...
            I just followed the instructions in the .txt file that comes with the
            PCGen2Palm zip and it worked on first try.
            It really is a great program, though I'd like to have some kind of
            documentation on the different tabs.
            I haven't thoroughly tested it yet, but there are 2 things that seem
            strange to me:
            Why do I have to click on new before rolling another to-hit,
            but I can roll damage as often as I want. And why does it not use the
            same modifier as with normal attacks when I click on "opportunity"?

            Best regards,
            Lonestar mailto:Lonestar@...
          • Tim Evans
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 31, 2001
              Hello Lonestar,

              L> Hi :)

              L> I just installed PCGenView on my brand new Palm m105 ;)
              L> I don't know what kind of problem Jon had...

              Jon is having very strange problems, that I do not fully understand,
              hopefully He's almost working on a older version which does not
              crash his Palm..

              L> I just followed the instructions in the .txt file that comes with the
              L> PCGen2Palm zip and it worked on first try.
              L> It really is a great program, though I'd like to have some kind of
              L> documentation on the different tabs.

              There will be once I've got more of it done.. and don't keep changing
              my mind about how it should look..:)

              L> I haven't thoroughly tested it yet, but there are 2 things that seem
              L> strange to me:
              L> Why do I have to click on new before rolling another to-hit,

              I need that to happen so the software can track when effects like Rage
              were off.

              L> but I can roll damage as often as I want. And why does it not use the
              L> same modifier as with normal attacks when I click on "opportunity"?

              I should stop you rolling Damage unless you have rolled a to hit,
              there is a bug in the current released version with the attack of
              opportunity.

              --
              Best regards,
              Tim mailto:tim.evans@...
              Author of PCGenView http://www.pcgenview.com
              http://pcgenview.com
            • Erik Olsen
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 31, 2001
                --- Lonestar <Lonestar@...> wrote:
                <Snip>
                > It really is a great program, though I'd like to
                > have some kind of
                > documentation on the different tabs.
                </Snip>
                Be careful, that sounds like a request for Silverback
                Palm Doc Status. ;)

                Cheers,
                Erik

                http://greetings.yahoo.com
              • bd_92
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 31, 2001
                  --- In pcgen@y..., Tim Evans <groups@t...> wrote:
                  > Hello mabreauxus,
                  >
                  > Monday, December 31, 2001, 2:59:50 AM, you wrote:
                  >
                  > m> Will there ever be a PCGENview for Pocket PC?
                  >
                  > There is a link from my site to one, it has not changed much over
                  the
                  > last few months, as the author is very busy with real work :)
                  >
                  > My dev tool is promising to produce a WinCE 3 run time, at wich
                  point
                  > it should be possible to run mine..:)

                  THERE IS A GOD!!!!!!!! Tim your program is the only one that I truly
                  regret not being able to run since I sold off my palm. Once you blast
                  out that WinCe Program LMK! I will be your guniea pig!
                • bd_92
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 31, 2001
                    --- In pcgen@y..., Erik Olsen <n0valoco@y...> wrote:

                    > --- Lonestar <Lonestar@l...> wrote:
                    > <Snip>
                    > > It really is a great program, though I'd like to
                    > > have some kind of
                    > > documentation on the different tabs.
                    > </Snip>
                    > Be careful, that sounds like a request for Silverback
                    > Palm Doc Status. ;)
                    >
                    > Cheers,
                    > Erik

                    There can be only one Doc Silverback....

                    <insert highlander music here>

                    B "Doc Silverback" D
                  • Tim Evans
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 31, 2001
                      Hello bd_92,

                      b> --- In pcgen@y..., Tim Evans <groups@t...> wrote:
                      >> Hello mabreauxus,
                      >>
                      >> Monday, December 31, 2001, 2:59:50 AM, you wrote:
                      >>
                      >> m> Will there ever be a PCGENview for Pocket PC?
                      >>
                      >> There is a link from my site to one, it has not changed much over
                      b> the
                      >> last few months, as the author is very busy with real work :)
                      >>
                      >> My dev tool is promising to produce a WinCE 3 run time, at wich
                      b> point
                      >> it should be possible to run mine..:)

                      b> THERE IS A GOD!!!!!!!! Tim your program is the only one that I truly
                      b> regret not being able to run since I sold off my palm. Once you blast
                      b> out that WinCe Program LMK! I will be your guniea pig!

                      I will but don't hold your breath, they have commented that they will
                      do it after they release version 4 of the Dev system, and they have
                      not started on V4 yet..:(

                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 31, 2001
                        *looks down and sees BD's toes on one side of his foot
                        and the rest of bd on the other*

                        Whoops, my bad. :)
                        --- bd_92 <bd_92@...> wrote:
                        > --- In pcgen@y..., Erik Olsen <n0valoco@y...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > --- Lonestar <Lonestar@l...> wrote:
                        > > <Snip>
                        > > > It really is a great program, though I'd like to
                        > > > have some kind of
                        > > > documentation on the different tabs.
                        > > </Snip>
                        > > Be careful, that sounds like a request for
                        > Silverback
                        > > Palm Doc Status. ;)
                        > >
                        > > Cheers,
                        > > Erik
                        >

                        > There can be only one Doc Silverback....
                        >
                        > <insert highlander music here>
                        >
                        > B "Doc Silverback" D

                        http://greetings.yahoo.com
                      • mynex2k1
                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 31, 2001
                          --- In pcgen@y..., "bd_92" <bd_92@y...> wrote:
                          > --- In pcgen@y..., Erik Olsen <n0valoco@y...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > --- Lonestar <Lonestar@l...> wrote:
                          > > <Snip>
                          > > > It really is a great program, though I'd like to
                          > > > have some kind of
                          > > > documentation on the different tabs.
                          > > </Snip>
                          > > Be careful, that sounds like a request for Silverback
                          > > Palm Doc Status. ;)
                          > >
                          > > Cheers,
                          > > Erik
                          >

                          > There can be only one Doc Silverback....
                          >
                          > <insert highlander music here>

                          Ahem... *Taps on Shoulder* This is not the documentation you are
                          looking for*
                          -Waits for agreement, then lops off head-

                          BAD MONKEY!!! ;D

                          > B "Doc Silverback" D

                          Mynex
                          -Dark Sith Silverback Android, The Sleepless One
                        • Peter Walker
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 31, 2001
                            I have to admit that I found that a little strange at first, but as Tim
                            said it helps with figuring out rage durations. I also assume it is useful
                            once your Base Attack reaches 6+ as it enables tracking of which attack you
                            are using.

                            --On Monday, December 31, 2001 2:10 PM +0000 Tim Evans
                            <groups@...> wrote:

                            > L> I haven't thoroughly tested it yet, but there are 2 things that seem
                            > L> strange to me:
                            > L> Why do I have to click on new before rolling another to-hit,
                            >
                            > I need that to happen so the software can track when effects like Rage
                            > were off.
                          • bd_92
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 31, 2001
                              if it hasn't been done already..mynex will come down from on high and
                              smite for that comment..hehe

                              --- In pcgen@y..., Erik Olsen <n0valoco@y...> wrote:
                              > *looks down and sees BD's toes on one side of his foot
                              > and the rest of bd on the other*
                              >
                              > Whoops, my bad. :)
                              > --- bd_92 <bd_92@y...> wrote:
                              > > --- In pcgen@y..., Erik Olsen <n0valoco@y...> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > --- Lonestar <Lonestar@l...> wrote:
                              > > > <Snip>
                              > > > </Snip>
                              > > > Be careful, that sounds like a request for
                              > > Silverback
                              > > > Palm Doc Status. ;)
                              > > >
                              > > > Cheers,
                              > > > Erik
                              > >

                              > > There can be only one Doc Silverback....
                              > >
                              > > <insert highlander music here>
                              > >
                              > > B "Doc Silverback" D

                              > http://greetings.yahoo.com
                            • bd_92
                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 31, 2001

                                > I will but don't hold your breath, they have commented that they
                                will
                                > do it after they release version 4 of the Dev system, and they have
                                > not started on V4 yet..:(
                                >
                                > --
                                > Best regards,
                                > Tim mailto:tim.evans@t...
                                > Author of PCGenView http://www.pcgenview.com
                                > http://pcgenview.com

                                shafted once again..
                              • bd_92
                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 31, 2001

                                  > Ahem... *Taps on Shoulder* This is not the documentation you are
                                  > looking for*
                                  > -Waits for agreement, then lops off head-
                                  >
                                  > BAD MONKEY!!! ;D
                                  > >
                                  > > B "Doc Silverback" D
                                  >
                                  > Mynex
                                  > -Dark Sith Silverback Android, The Sleepless One

                                  <waves hand>

                                  This is not the document you are looking for...
                                • mynex2k1
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Dec 31, 2001
                                    Naw... let him step on yer toes... Doesn't bother me. ;D