RE: [pcgen] Unarmed Strike and feat question

  • David Cortijo
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2001
      The reason that Unarmed Strike is weird is because everyone is considered proficient with the Unarmed Strike, regardless of class.  While this is not explicitly stated, a couple of hints towards it are:
      1) Monks don't even list Unarmed Strike in their proficiency list for the class, and they have a specified list.
      2) All creatures (humanoid or otherwise) are considered proficient in their natural weapons
      3) Improved Unarmed Strike doesn't list proficiency in the Unarmed Strike as a prerequisite.

      I would add Unarmed Strike to the Weaponprof list, but make sure ALL classes are considered proficient in it (that can actually be hard-coded if it's easier, since everyone is always considered proficient in the unarmed strike).

      Dave