Error

  • Strangg1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 29 , Dec 6, 2001
      I'm getting a display error.  When i run debug mode and pop up the console i get:
      PreReq:Sword of Destruction (Longsword +1)
      Exception occurred during event dispatching:
      java.lang.NumberFormatException: FIGHTER

      Here is the line in the .lst file i assume it is speaking of.
      Sword of Destruction (Longsword +1) TYPE:Magic.Weapon.Martial.Melee.Slashing.Specific Cost:7500 WT:4 SIZE:M DAMAGE:1d8 CRITRANGE:2 CRITMULT:x2 PROFICIENCY:Sword (Long) PRECLASS:FIGHTER BONUS:WEAPON|DAMAGE,TOHIT|1 BONUS:FEAT|Improved Sunder SOURCE:Issue#250,p.97

      Only thing i don't understand is why the other 2 swords of destruction don't come up with the same error they were cut and pasted from this line andi only changed the name in (  ) along with weight/damage/size and critrange/critmult where applicable.  I also uploaded all the files i have completed from dragon #250 to the inworks project folder, if you would rather look at the whole file.

      Thanks once again for the help,
      ~Strangg
      Hunter of the ever elusive " "

      Death sends a radiogram every day: When I want you I’ll drop in—and then one day he comes with a master-key and lets himself in and says: We’ll go now.
      -Carl Sandburg

      War can only be abolished through war, and in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun.
      -Mao Zedong
    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 29 , Dec 6, 2001
        The PRECLASS:FIGHTER tag is in error. That needs to be corrected
        before this item can be used properly.

        -Bryan

      • Strangg1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 29 , Dec 6, 2001
          In a message dated 12/6/01 2:49:19 PM Central Standard Time, merton_monk@... writes:

          The PRECLASS:FIGHTER tag is in error.  That needs to be corrected
          before this item can be used properly.

          How is it in error?  Am i using the PRECLASS tag improperly?  I also have 2 other items ~exactly~ like it with the exception of them being a greatsword or bastard sword and the appropriate dam/weight being changed.  I copied and pasted this exact item twice and just changed weight and damage, etc.,  the PRECLASS:FIGHTER tag is in both of them and i do not get an error.  Shouldn't i get an error for all three items?

          ~Strangg
          Hunter of the ever elusive " "

          Death sends a radiogram every day: When I want you I’ll drop in—and then one day he comes with a master-key and lets himself in and says: We’ll go now.
          -Carl Sandburg

          War can only be abolished through war, and in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun.
          -Mao Zedong
        • mynex2k1
          Message 4 of 29 , Dec 6, 2001
            Try using PRECLASS:Fighter=1 or PRECLASS=Fighter (don't think this
            one will work though)

            Tells PCGen that the class has to be fighter 1st lvl. *shrug* can't
            hurt. Other than that, I have no idea what's up..

            Mynex

          • Strangg1@aol.com
            Message 5 of 29 , Dec 6, 2001
              In a message dated 12/6/01 6:44:58 PM Central Standard Time, mynex2k1@... writes:

              Try using PRECLASS:Fighter=1 or PRECLASS=Fighter (don't think this
              one will work though)

              Yeah that fixed it, it displays properly at least.  it needed the =1, odd how the others didn't but i went ahead and put it in all the others too.

              ~Strangg
              Hunter of the ever elusive " "

              Death sends a radiogram every day: When I want you I’ll drop in—and then one day he comes with a master-key and lets himself in and says: We’ll go now.
              -Carl Sandburg

              War can only be abolished through war, and in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun.
              -Mao Zedong
            • pscytzo
              Message 6 of 29 , Sep 23, 2002
                When I start the PCGen.bat file, I get an error which reads "Erorr
                occurred during initalization of VM, java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError:
                Java/lang/Object. What does this mean and how can i fix it.
              • Kinson Ravenlock
                Message 7 of 29 , Sep 23, 2002
                  --- In pcgen@y..., "pscytzo" <pscytzo@y...> wrote:
                  > When I start the PCGen.bat file, I get an error which reads "Erorr
                  > occurred during initalization of VM,
                  > java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError:
                  > Java/lang/Object. What does this mean and how can i fix it.

                  Are you sure that you have Java correctly installed?
                  You can test that by opening a DOS prompt and typing "java -version".
                  You should get something that indicates that you either have java
                  version 1.3.* or java version 1.4.* (* meaning it doesn't matter what
                  is displayed there.)

                  Kinson
                • pscytzo
                  Message 8 of 29 , Sep 26, 2002
                    --- In pcgen@y..., "Kinson Ravenlock" <ravenlock@g...> wrote:
                    > --- In pcgen@y..., "pscytzo" <pscytzo@y...> wrote:
                    > > When I start the PCGen.bat file, I get an error which
                    reads "Erorr
                    > > occurred during initalization of VM,
                    > > java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError:
                    > > Java/lang/Object. What does this mean and how can i fix it.
                    >
                    > Are you sure that you have Java correctly installed?
                    > You can test that by opening a DOS prompt and typing "java -
                    version".
                    > You should get something that indicates that you either have java
                    > version 1.3.* or java version 1.4.* (* meaning it doesn't matter
                    what
                    > is displayed there.)
                    >
                    > Kinson

                    When I type "Java -version", I get the same error.
                  • Kinson Ravenlock
                    Message 9 of 29 , Sep 27, 2002
                      --- In pcgen@y..., "pscytzo" <pscytzo@y...> wrote:
                      > When I type "Java -version", I get the same error.

                      Uuh, this is (depending on your OS) case-sensitive, so you should type
                      "java -version" and not "Java -version".

                      Anyways, I think you problems lie with your java installation and not
                      PCGen ...

                      My advice for you would be
                      - remove your current java installation (if any)
                      - get JRE 1.4.0 (not the new 1.4.1, since there seems to be some
                      problems with PCGen running under the newest release) from
                      http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/download.html
                      - install it
                      - adjust your system variables accordingly (you probably only need to
                      set JAVA_HOME) - I'm not sure if this is needed with JRE, since I use
                      the development kit and not only the runtime environment
                      - restart your PC
                      - extract the three PCGen zip files into one directory
                      - try to run PCGen

                      Assuming you run Windows:
                      - you can remove software under "Start -> Settings -> Control panel ->
                      Software"
                      - to install java you simply need to double-click the file once you
                      have downloaded it, then follow the prompts
                      - setting/updating system variable used to be possible with "msconfig"
                      ... I don't know how you'd do that under WinNT/2000/XP

                      If you're not familiar with installing software and updating system
                      variables, you might want to ask a friend of yours for some help ...
                      this is usually the least frustrating approach (except for people who
                      don't have any friends - but then PCGen wouldn't be very useful for
                      you anyways, since tabletop RPGs tend to be boring if you're all alone
                      ... I guess ;-))

                      Kinson
                    • A Character
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jan 11, 2003
                        Vest of Escape is missing the +4 competence bonus to Open Lock.
                      • Éric Beaudoin
                        Message 11 of 29 , Oct 16, 2005
                          At 11:53 2005.10.16, Barak wrote:
                          >pcgen.core.PObject.addAddList(ILjava/lang/String;)Lpcgen/core/LevelAbility;
                          >
                          >What does this mean? It's popping up in realtion to a race.lst file I have
                          >and making it so nothing loads.
                          >
                          >Barak

                          What PCGen build are you using?

                          Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
                          Release Monkey and Syntax Watchdog
                          >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
                          <mailto:beaudoer@...>
                        • Barak

                            Message 13 of 29 , Oct 16, 2005
                              Latest. I just built it about five minutes ago. :p

                              Barak

                            • Andrew Wilson
                              Message 14 of 29 , Oct 16, 2005
                                On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 11:53:58AM -0400, Barak wrote:
                                > pcgen.core.PObject.addAddList(ILjava/lang/String;)Lpcgen/core/LevelAbility;
                                >
                                > What does this mean? It's popping up in realtion to a race.lst file I have
                                > and making it so nothing loads.

                                It looks like one of the ADD: tags in your race file is giving it
                                trouble for some reason.

                                Is that the entire error message it's giving you? or was there a stack
                                trace as well?

                                andrew
                                --
                                Aries: (March 21 - April 19)
                                Your utter self-confidence and endless optimism will provide
                                Message 15 of 29 , Oct 16, 2005
                                  The only ADDs in there are ADD:FEAT and ADD:SPELLCASTER tags

                                  A sample of the output in the dos window (filename removed fro brevity):

                                  Error parsing file '<filename>' line '321': pcgen.core.PObject.add
                                  AddList(ILjava/lang/String;)Lpcgen/core/LevelAbility;
                                  Ignoring error
                                  java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
                                  pcgen.core.PObject.addAddList(ILjava/lang/String;)Lpcgen/core/LevelAbility;
                                  at plugin.lsttokens.AddLst.parse(Unknown Source)
                                  at pcgen.persistence.lst.PObjectLoader.parseTagLevel(Unknown Source)
                                  at pcgen.persistence.lst.PCClassLoader.parseClassLine(Unknown
                                  Source)
                                  at pcgen.persistence.lst.PCClassLoader.parseLine(Unknown Source)
                                  at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.loadLstFile(Unknown
                                  Source)
                                  at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.loadLstFiles(Unknown
                                  Source)
                                  at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstSystemLoader.loadCampaigns(Unknown
                                  Source)
                                  at pcgen.persistence.PersistenceManager.loadCampaigns(Unknown
                                  Source)
                                  at pcgen.gui.MainSource.loadCampaigns(Unknown Source)
                                  at pcgen.gui.MainSource.access$1800(Unknown Source)
                                  at pcgen.gui.MainSource$17.construct(Unknown Source)
                                  at pcgen.util.SwingWorker$2.run(Unknown Source)
                                  at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

                                  Barak

                                • Andrew Wilson
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Oct 16, 2005
                                    On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 02:05:30PM -0400, Barak wrote:
                                    > The only ADDs in there are ADD:FEAT and ADD:SPELLCASTER tags
                                    >
                                    > A sample of the output in the dos window (filename removed fro brevity):
                                    >
                                    > Error parsing file '<filename>' line '321': pcgen.core.PObject.add
                                    > AddList(ILjava/lang/String;)Lpcgen/core/LevelAbility;
                                    > Ignoring error
                                    > java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
                                    > pcgen.core.PObject.addAddList(ILjava/lang/String;)Lpcgen/core/LevelAbility;
                                    > at plugin.lsttokens.AddLst.parse(Unknown Source)

                                    Somehow, I can't quite see how from the source code. The addAddList
                                    method is being called with one argument which is a string. There is no
                                    version of this method that has a single string argument, so the runtime
                                    can't find it. It should have two arguement and int and and a String.

                                    Are you building this yourself? if so, can you do an ant clean and then
                                    build it again please.

                                    Also, can you try rmoving the ADD: tags one at a time to see which one
                                    it doesn't like, i.e. is it the FEAT or the SPELLCASTER.

                                    andrew
                                    --
                                    Virgo: (Aug. 23 - Sept. 22)
                                    It doesn't matter if you've done nothing wrong and been
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Oct 16, 2005
                                      This is an excerpt from my build batch file:

                                      ###
                                      e:
                                      cd\
                                      cd pcgendev
                                      call ant clean
                                      call ant build-optimize
                                      cd\
                                      cd pcgen
                                      xcopy ..\pcgendev\bin\pcgen.jar pcgen.jar /Y
                                      xcopy ..\pcgendev\system system /S /Y /I
                                      xcopy ..\pcgendev\lib lib /S /Y /I
                                      xcopy ..\pcgendev\plugins plugins /S /Y /I
                                      ###

                                      So I always do a clean before I build.

                                      If I get a chance I'll mess around with removing those ADD tags to see which
                                      it doesn't like, but it might be a couple of days.

                                      But I'm not following your saying it's looking for an INT and a string.

                                      ADD:FEAT(TYPE=type) has no integer in it, and it's the standard form
                                      (defaults to a 1 on the end if it's not there)
                                      Or did someone remove the default of "1" and you now have to have a number
                                      there???

                                      Also, ADD:SPELLCASTER has no integers associated with it at all according to
                                      the docs...

                                      Barak

                                    • Éric Beaudoin
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Oct 16, 2005
                                        At 20:32 2005.10.16, Barak wrote:
                                        >This is an excerpt from my build batch file:
                                        >
                                        >###
                                        >e:
                                        >cd\
                                        >cd pcgendev
                                        >call ant clean
                                        >call ant build-optimize
                                        [snip.]

                                        Question, what is the difference between build and build-optimize?

                                        I always have used "ant clean build test" in my scripts.

                                        Éric Beaudoin <mailto:beaudoer@...>

                                        The sergeant put on the poker face which has been handed down from NCO to
                                        NCO ever since one protoamphibian told another, lower ranking
                                        protoamphibian to muster a squad of newts and Take That Beach.
                                        -- (Terry Pratchett, Eric)
                                      • Andrew Wilson
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Oct 16, 2005
                                          On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 08:32:20PM -0400, Barak wrote:
                                          > So I always do a clean before I build.

                                          Fair enough.

                                          > If I get a chance I'll mess around with removing those ADD tags to see which
                                          > it doesn't like, but it might be a couple of days.
                                          >
                                          > But I'm not following your saying it's looking for an INT and a string.
                                          >
                                          > ADD:FEAT(TYPE=type) has no integer in it, and it's the standard form
                                          > (defaults to a 1 on the end if it's not there)
                                          > Or did someone remove the default of "1" and you now have to have a number
                                          > there???
                                          >
                                          > Also, ADD:SPELLCASTER has no integers associated with it at all according to
                                          > the docs...

                                          Sorry, I'm confusing you. The java method that eventually gets called
                                          when you have an ADD tag in a lst file takes a level parameter which is
                                          an int. So if you have the ADD on the LEVEL:3 line it'll pass 3 to the
                                          object so it knows what level you've added it at.

                                          andrew
                                          --
                                          Leo: (July 23 - Aug. 22)
                                          It's time to acknowledge that your "trusty right-hand man" is
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Oct 16, 2005
                                            On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 08:32:20PM -0400, Barak wrote:
                                            > This is an excerpt from my build batch file:
                                            >
                                            > ###
                                            > e:
                                            > cd\
                                            > cd pcgendev
                                            > call ant clean
                                            > call ant build-optimize
                                            > cd\
                                            > cd pcgen
                                            > xcopy ..\pcgendev\bin\pcgen.jar pcgen.jar /Y
                                            > xcopy ..\pcgendev\system system /S /Y /I
                                            > xcopy ..\pcgendev\lib lib /S /Y /I
                                            > xcopy ..\pcgendev\plugins plugins /S /Y /I
                                            > ###
                                            >
                                            > So I always do a clean before I build.

                                            I think we may have a winner. Lots of pcgen's java code has been moved
                                            out into separately loadable modules. These are stored in .jar files.
                                            When java code calls a method, it does what's called late binding, that
                                            means it looks up the appropriate method to call when you run it, not
                                            when you build it.

                                            When you use ant to do a build, it figures out which java files have
                                            changed and hence need to be built again. If a jar file got compiled
                                            with a call to addAddLevel taking a single string argument and then
                                            someone removed that method, when the jar file tries to call it it won't
                                            be there. This looks like the error you're seeing. It's usually caused
                                            by old stale jar files from previous builds being called somehow.

                                            What the ant clean does (and this is why I asked you to do it) is delete
                                            all of the compiled code, so that everything must be rebuilt. As you
                                            point out your script is calling this. However, and this is what I
                                            think is causing your problem, you aren't using the jar files from the
                                            place where they were compiled. This line:

                                            > xcopy ..\pcgendev\plugins plugins /S /Y /I

                                            means that you are copying the plugins from the compilation directory to
                                            another directory called plugins. The ant build file knows nothing
                                            about this other directory , so it can't clean it up. I think you have
                                            a stale .jar file in your plugins directory.

                                            andrew
                                            --
                                            Gemini: (May 21 - June 21)
                                            You'll make controversial front-page headlines when you're the
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Oct 16, 2005
                                              On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 01:13:24AM +0000, Andrew Wilson wrote:
                                              > Sorry, I'm confusing you. The java method that eventually gets called
                                              > when you have an ADD tag in a lst file takes a level parameter which is
                                              > an int. So if you have the ADD on the LEVEL:3 line it'll pass 3 to the
                                              > object so it knows what level you've added it at.

                                              If it's not on a LEVEL line, the java code adds a default.

                                              andrew
                                              --
                                              Cancer: (June 22 - July 22)
                                              You know that one day you'll have to tell your family you're not
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Oct 17, 2005
                                                > means that you are copying the plugins from the compilation
                                                > directory to another directory called plugins. The ant build
                                                > file knows nothing about this other directory , so it can't
                                                > clean it up. I think you have a stale .jar file in your
                                                > plugins directory.

                                                Hmmm, xcopy should copy the newest over the old... But I'll nuke the dir and
                                                try again.

                                                That seems to have done the trick.

                                                But now I get this when I hit the new character button:

                                                java.lang.NullPointerException
                                                at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoRace.refreshFiltering(Unknown Source)
                                                at pcgen.gui.filter.FilterFactory.restoreFilterSettings(Unknown
                                                Source)
                                                at pcgen.gui.CharacterInfo.restoreAllFilterSettings(Unknown Source)
                                                at pcgen.gui.CharacterInfo.restoreFilterSettings(Unknown Source)
                                                at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.restoreFilterSettings(Unknown Source)
                                                at pcgen.gui.MainSource.showSourcesLoaded(Unknown Source)
                                                at pcgen.gui.MainSource$17.finished(Unknown Source)
                                                at pcgen.util.SwingWorker$1.run(Unknown Source)
                                                at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown
                                                Source)
                                                at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown
                                                Source)
                                                at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
                                                Source)
                                                java.awt.event.InvocationEvent[INVOCATION_DEFAULT,runnable=pcgen.util.SwingW
                                                orker$1@92997e,notifier=null,catchExceptions=false,when=1129540728190] on
                                                sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
                                                @19dfbff

                                                Barak
                                              • Andrew Wilson
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Oct 17, 2005
                                                  On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 05:23:13AM -0400, Barak wrote:
                                                  > Hmmm, xcopy should copy the newest over the old... But I'll nuke the dir and
                                                  > try again.
                                                  >
                                                  > That seems to have done the trick.

                                                  At various points the .jar files have been reorganised, moved into
                                                  folders etc. I suspect that the old version was in a folder that was
                                                  searched earlier and the new version was in a subfolder. That's why
                                                  we've started deleting all of the plugin folders when we do an ant
                                                  clean, then you're guaranteed to get all the new jar files. You might
                                                  consider adding a call to deltree into your build script to remove the
                                                  plugin directories when you build.

                                                  > But now I get this when I hit the new character button:
                                                  >
                                                  > java.lang.NullPointerException
                                                  > at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoRace.refreshFiltering(Unknown Source)
                                                  > at pcgen.gui.filter.FilterFactory.restoreFilterSettings(Unknown Source)
                                                  > at pcgen.gui.CharacterInfo.restoreAllFilterSettings(Unknown Source)
                                                  > at pcgen.gui.CharacterInfo.restoreFilterSettings(Unknown Source)
                                                  > at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.restoreFilterSettings(Unknown Source)
                                                  > at pcgen.gui.MainSource.showSourcesLoaded(Unknown Source)
                                                  > at pcgen.gui.MainSource$17.finished(Unknown Source)
                                                  > at pcgen.util.SwingWorker$1.run(Unknown Source)
                                                  > at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
                                                  > at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
                                                  > at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
                                                  > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
                                                  > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
                                                  > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
                                                  > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
                                                  > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
                                                  > java.awt.event.InvocationEvent[INVOCATION_DEFAULT,runnable=pcgen.util.SwingW
                                                  > orker$1@92997e,notifier=null,catchExceptions=false,when=1129540728190] on
                                                  > sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
                                                  > @19dfbff

                                                  I'm in work without access to the sources, perhaps someone else will
                                                  look at this for you.

                                                  andrew
                                                  --
                                                  Virgo: (Aug. 23 - Sept. 22)
                                                  You must admit that you're sleeping better than ever, but it's
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Oct 17, 2005
                                                    On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 10:53:45AM +0000, Andrew Wilson wrote:
                                                    > You might
                                                    > consider adding a call to deltree into your build script to remove the
                                                    > plugin directories when you build.

                                                    Of course Microsoft in their infinte wisdom have decided not to give the
                                                    deltree command to XP users. IF you're using XP then the command you
                                                    want is rmdir with the /s switch.

                                                    andrew
                                                    --
                                                    Aquarius: (Jan. 20 - Feb. 18)
                                                    In retrospect, you should have wondered why the creepy
                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Dec 23, 2006
                                                      I'm trying (once again :p) to fix the issue with Two Weapon Fighting
                                                      affecting natural attack (which it shouldn't do).

                                                      I added some PRExxx tags to the BONUS tags in the feat like so (proper
                                                      format according to the docs...):

                                                      BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT-PRIMARY|2|!PREEQUIPPRIMARY:1,TYPE=Natural
                                                      BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT-SECONDARY|6|!PREEQUIPSECONDARY:1,TYPE=Natural

                                                      Now I get the following in the console and the feat doesn't work for
                                                      anything...

                                                      Error in PrerequisiteTest, failing test:
                                                      pcgen.core.prereq.PrerequisiteException: Only operators eq and neq are
                                                      valid for Equipped tests: <prereq kind="equipsecondary" key="TYPE=NAT
                                                      URAL" operator="lt" operand="1" >
                                                      </prereq>
                                                      is not valid.
                                                      at pcgen.core.prereq.PreEquippedTester.
                                                      passesPreEquipHandleTokens(PreEquippedTester.java:145)
                                                      at plugin.pretokens.test.PreEquipSecondaryTester.passes
                                                      (PreEquipSecondaryTester.java:45)
                                                      at pcgen.core.prereq.PrereqHandler.passes(PrereqHandler.java:
                                                      223)
                                                      at pcgen.core.prereq.PrereqHandler.passesAll(PrereqHandler.
                                                      java:111)
                                                      at pcgen.core.PObject.activateBonuses(PObject.java:946)
                                                      at pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.activateAndAddBonusesFromPObject
                                                      (PlayerCharacter.java:13521)
                                                      at pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.
                                                      activateAndAddBonusesFromPObjectList(PlayerCharacter.java:13510)
                                                      at pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.calcFeatBonuses(PlayerCharacter.
                                                      java:13433)
                                                      at pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.calcActiveBonusLoop
                                                      (PlayerCharacter.java:8454)
                                                      at pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.calcActiveBonuses
                                                      (PlayerCharacter.java:8435)
                                                      at pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.addFeat(PlayerCharacter.java:
                                                      3712)
                                                      at pcgen.core.AbilityUtilities.modFeat(AbilityUtilities.java:
                                                      696)
                                                      at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.addFeat(InfoFeats.java:445)
                                                      at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.access$500(InfoFeats.java:129)
                                                      at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats$2.run(InfoFeats.java:565)
                                                      at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent
                                                      (PCGen_Frame1.java:3153)
                                                      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy
                                                      (Unknown Source)
                                                      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
                                                      Source)

                                                      Suggestions?

                                                      Barak
                                                    • Axel
                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Dec 23, 2006
                                                        Maybe and probably completely off base but....

                                                        Are the 'weapons' properly equipped?

                                                        This sounds similar to Monks Flurry of blows

                                                        Message 27 of 29 , Mar 24 11:14 AM
                                                          Greetings,
                                                          I'm getting this error in the log when exporting to PDF, no errors shown in GUI however and PDF comes up ok.
                                                          This is with homebrew, so most likely my own fault, but to be honest, I don't have much idea of where to start digging to diagnose the error, can someone point me in the right direction to diagnose please?

                                                          In the meantime, I'll try cutting out various bits of the homebrew to see if I can trace the error to any specific lst file data...

                                                          18:07:30.150 INFO main Main:145 Starting PCGen v6.03.00-dev
                                                          18:07:30.170 INFO main LanguageBundle:131 Initialising language bundle with locale en_US.
                                                          18:07:37.713 INFO Thread-6 SourceFileLoader:522 Loading game 35e and sources [Campaign: Sun Has Gone].
                                                          18:07:57.719 INFO AWT-EventQueue-0 CharacterManager:175 Loaded character Osric - F:\Data\PCGen\Characters\Ashbourne_SunHasGone\Osric 6.pcg
                                                          18:08:11.452 WARNING SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-2 FOP11HandlerImpl:184 FOP input file set to: C:\Users\DAVEGR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\currentPC_8429761227617763758.xml
                                                          18:08:11.900 WARNING SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-2 FOP11HandlerImpl:264 FOPHandler outFile = F:\Data\PCGen\Characters\Ashbourne_SunHasGone\Osric.pdf
                                                          18:08:11.905 WARNING SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-2 FOP11HandlerImpl:272 FOPHandler mode = 0
                                                          18:08:13.64 SEVERE SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-2 Jdk14Logger:99 forcing opt to min in LengthRange
                                                          18:08:13.66 SEVERE SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-2 Jdk14Logger:99 forcing opt to min in LengthRange
                                                          18:08:13.69 SEVERE SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-2 Jdk14Logger:99 forcing opt to min in LengthRange

                                                            Message 29 of 29 , Mar 24 4:40 PM
                                                              ok, confirmed this was only occurring on the autobuild (my copy is from the 17th), it doesn't appear with with the 6.02.1RC3 - which I wasn't using as that has the 'relative path' error:
                                                              23:36:06.793 SEVERE main pcgen.core.Globals addCampaign Loaded Campaigns with matching names (Universal Rules)
                                                              Which I can also ignore...