here we go.

  • okuth0r@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 28, 2000
      just a few thins i found.
      -Is is possipable to hold the raise/lower button and after a second
      have it auto add to the skill? it would assist im makeing nps's, etc
      -i though there was a skill max at 30? my 62nd level fighter/74th
      level sorcrer stopped at 3 over level, waaaayy too much.
      -progression of spels castable over 20 RESETS TO 0 CASTABLE
      -there is no place on the char sheet for racial abilities? any reason?
      i am posting a fr.zip, it has the domains in abc order, and domains
      added to spells(fate 1 for trustrike, etc) i will also send to any
      who ask. i zipped so if i email it wont display like yahoo likes to
      do.
    • Bryan McRoberts
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 28, 2000
        Robert et al,
        I get emailed any posts/emails to the group, so there's no need to email
        me individually. Thanks for your work on the domain and spell lst files!
        Do you think you (or someone else in the group) could add the FR
        dieities to the diety.lst file? That would be very helpful. I can do it, but
        I'd rather spend my time focusing on the code. On to your suggestions:
        1. auto-add to a skill. So if you hold down the Raise button your rank
        gets set to the max (or as high as your skill points will allow)? Hm, I
        think I could do that.
        2. Skill rank max at 30? Not that I've seen, but I'll have to check. The
        core rules for d&d are for characters level 20 and below. They will
        release high level rules, but I haven't seen them yet.
        3. Since I only detail in the class.lst files spell progression up to
        level 20,
        they get all 0's after that. I should correct that, so you stop gaining
        spells
        at level 20 instead of going to 0. I'm not sure if the high level rules will
        allow spellcasters to continue gaining spells or not.
        4. I throw all the racial abilities that can't be handled any other way into
        Special Abilities. I have no way of tracking which special abilities are
        due to race. I could do that, but do people really need to know what
        special abilities are due to race, and which are due to class/level?
        Thanks for your suggestions - and let me know if any of you notice
        anything else!
        I'll try to put out another release early next week. I'll post an email
        later this week with a list of all the known bugs. I'll also post a list
        of all the suggestions I've received. You can all review those lists
        and see if there are any bugs or suggestions that I've missed. So
        keep them coming!

        -Bryan

        okuth0r@... wrote:

        > just a few thins i found.
        > -Is is possipable to hold the raise/lower button and after a second
        > have it auto add to the skill? it would assist im makeing nps's, etc
        > -i though there was a skill max at 30? my 62nd level fighter/74th
        > level sorcrer stopped at 3 over level, waaaayy too much.
        > -progression of spels castable over 20 RESETS TO 0 CASTABLE
        > -there is no place on the char sheet for racial abilities? any reason?
        > i am posting a fr.zip, it has the domains in abc order, and domains
        > added to spells(fate 1 for trustrike, etc) i will also send to any
        > who ask. i zipped so if i email it wont display like yahoo likes to
        > do.

      • Robert Hilson
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 28, 2000
          perfect. we need you throuw you a party

          =====
          Robert Hilson
          http://www.bepaid.com/users.rhtml?REFID=11428864

          http://photos.yahoo.com/
        • David Cortijo
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 28, 2000
            There is a slight problem (sorta) with adding the FR deities to the
            deity.lst file. There are two sources for FR deities and their domains.
            The first - the FR Survival Guide 2000 - only lists the deities with the
            domains they get from the PHB. The other source - the FR Guidelines for the
            RPGA's Living City - lists all the domains a deity gets (including the new
            FR domains), but only lists them for Good and Neutral deities. Since you
            can't play a worshipper of an Evil god in Living City, they just leave those
            out (personally, I think the real reason is for WotC to avoid prereleasing
            too much of its own material on the web before it hits the shelves - they
            did a lot of that with 3E). So, depending on what a DM wants to use (PHB
            domains only or Good/Neutral domains only), there could be one of two
            different LST files. Might as well let someone do them as they need them -
            personally, I'd rather work on things like classes and integrating them into
            the system and hunting for any bugs or tweaks.

            Dave