Re: looking for ne Mote Cook's stuff

  • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
      Well, I saw the post for it, got looked at it and saw it was easy to
      write, so I asked for permission since I haven't seen a "Ok" except
      for the Ranger. I actually had the file done prob. a day after the
      request for it. He was kewl, and even wanted a copy of the file,
      which I sent to him. He's probably my favorite RPG writer, so I
      wanted to get permission from him before just using it. I know it
      was on his website, but I couldn't figure out the OGC part, since he
      didn't state either way.

      Actually my first project is getting cygwin to work. I'd like to
      actually CVS my own stuff instead of going through Yahoo, and it
      would be really nice to DL the latest CVS files all at once instead
      of one at a time. I've got a Winmodem, so linux won't use it, so I'm
      stuck with windows for the time being.

      After that, it's MM...

      --- In pcgen@y..., mynex2k1@y... wrote:

      > We've actually had permission from Monte to put his stuff into
      > PCGen, just not sure if we ever had an e-mail permission from
      > him... Originally he did say no, then he actually tried PCGen and
      > said okay.. I know I talked to him about it at GenCon this year,
      > and he said that at first he was like 'No F'in way am I giving up
      my
      > hard work, then apparantly someone sent him a detailed email about
      > how PCGen works, and he went and tried it out... at least that's
      > the gist of the conversation I got.. it was a *tad* busy at his
      > table for some strange reason. ;p
      >
      > But I asked him if there were any other classes besides the Ranger
      > he wanted to 'Tweak' and he said the Bard... something about their
      > spells being more 'Bardy' than just a pale copy of sorcerer
      > stuff... So maybe we'll see a Bard (Monte Cook) sometime soon. ;p
      >
      > I've got links of like 6 or 7 things besides the Ranger that Monte
      > has done, if you want em. I know your jammin on the MM book.. but
      > might be a welcome break to work on something 'Light' :)
      >
      > Mynex
      >
      > --- In pcgen@y..., thoron-tir-gwaith@l... wrote:
      > > I just received permission from Monte. I'll have it ULed in a
      > > minute. Hopefully a CVSer will CVS it for the next release.
      > >
      > > --- In pcgen@y..., "Logan" <virtualmancer@y...> wrote:
      > > > Ok I just found out that the new PCGen data did not have Monte
      > > Cooks
      > > > new PC race The Litorians which can be found here
      > > > http://www.montecook.com/arch_stuff6.html. I am thinking of
      > place
      > > the
      > > > race in our new game want to use PCGen when I make the
      charcter.
      > So
      > > > has anyone updated this data?
      > > >
      > > > Logan
    • Logan
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
        After downloading the file, where exactly do extract the file? Which
        folder?

      • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2001
          ahh, sorry.
          Add it to data/web/montecook/montecookweb.pcc
          add the following line to: data/web/montecook/montecookweb.pcc
          RACE:montecookwebrace.lst

          Then Load the "Monte Cook - Web Enhancements" Campaign and you should
          be good to go.

          Andrew