Re: looking for ne Mote Cook's stuff

  • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
      I just received permission from Monte. I'll have it ULed in a
      minute. Hopefully a CVSer will CVS it for the next release.

      --- In pcgen@y..., "Logan" <virtualmancer@y...> wrote:
      > Ok I just found out that the new PCGen data did not have Monte
      Cooks

    • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
        We've actually had permission from Monte to put his stuff into
        PCGen, just not sure if we ever had an e-mail permission from
        him... Originally he did say no, then he actually tried PCGen and
        said okay.. I know I talked to him about it at GenCon this year,
        and he said that at first he was like 'No F'in way am I giving up my
        hard work, then apparantly someone sent him a detailed email about
        how PCGen works, and he went and tried it out... at least that's
        the gist of the conversation I got.. it was a *tad* busy at his
        table for some strange reason. ;p

        But I asked him if there were any other classes besides the Ranger
        he wanted to 'Tweak' and he said the Bard... something about their
        spells being more 'Bardy' than just a pale copy of sorcerer
        stuff... So maybe we'll see a Bard (Monte Cook) sometime soon. ;p

        I've got links of like 6 or 7 things besides the Ranger that Monte
        has done, if you want em. I know your jammin on the MM book.. but
        might be a welcome break to work on something 'Light' :)

        Mynex

      • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
          Well, I saw the post for it, got looked at it and saw it was easy to
          write, so I asked for permission since I haven't seen a "Ok" except
          for the Ranger. I actually had the file done prob. a day after the
          request for it. He was kewl, and even wanted a copy of the file,
          which I sent to him. He's probably my favorite RPG writer, so I
          wanted to get permission from him before just using it. I know it
          was on his website, but I couldn't figure out the OGC part, since he
          didn't state either way.

          Actually my first project is getting cygwin to work. I'd like to
          actually CVS my own stuff instead of going through Yahoo, and it
          would be really nice to DL the latest CVS files all at once instead
          of one at a time. I've got a Winmodem, so linux won't use it, so I'm
          stuck with windows for the time being.

          After that, it's MM...

          --- In pcgen@y..., mynex2k1@y... wrote:

          > We've actually had permission from Monte to put his stuff into
          > PCGen, just not sure if we ever had an e-mail permission from
          > him... Originally he did say no, then he actually tried PCGen and
          > said okay.. I know I talked to him about it at GenCon this year,
          > and he said that at first he was like 'No F'in way am I giving up
          my
          > hard work, then apparantly someone sent him a detailed email about
          > how PCGen works, and he went and tried it out... at least that's
          > the gist of the conversation I got.. it was a *tad* busy at his
          > table for some strange reason. ;p
          >
          > But I asked him if there were any other classes besides the Ranger
          > he wanted to 'Tweak' and he said the Bard... something about their
          > spells being more 'Bardy' than just a pale copy of sorcerer
          > stuff... So maybe we'll see a Bard (Monte Cook) sometime soon. ;p
          >
          > I've got links of like 6 or 7 things besides the Ranger that Monte
          > has done, if you want em. I know your jammin on the MM book.. but
          > might be a welcome break to work on something 'Light' :)
          >
          > Mynex
          >
          > --- In pcgen@y..., thoron-tir-gwaith@l... wrote:
          > > I just received permission from Monte. I'll have it ULed in a
          > > minute. Hopefully a CVSer will CVS it for the next release.
          > >
          > > --- In pcgen@y..., "Logan" <virtualmancer@y...> wrote:
          > > > Ok I just found out that the new PCGen data did not have Monte
          > > Cooks
          > > > new PC race The Litorians which can be found here
          > > > http://www.montecook.com/arch_stuff6.html. I am thinking of
          > place
          > > the
          > > > race in our new game want to use PCGen when I make the
          charcter.
          > So
          > > > has anyone updated this data?
          > > >
          > > > Logan
        • Logan
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
            After downloading the file, where exactly do extract the file? Which
            folder?

          • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3, 2001
              ahh, sorry.
              Add it to data/web/montecook/montecookweb.pcc
              add the following line to: data/web/montecook/montecookweb.pcc
              RACE:montecookwebrace.lst

              Then Load the "Monte Cook - Web Enhancements" Campaign and you should
              be good to go.

              Andrew