Re: Can anybody help with PC View? PLEASE???

  • orian2001@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2001
      I did not have a chance to email him. But here's what's going on...
      > 1. Did you use the csheet_palm.cdt template to export it? if so did
      > the file of .cdt ( i think) appear at the root of your pcgen folder?

      >>> Yes. It created the new file like it was supposed to.

      > 2. If not then you didn't export them correctly, if they did then
      > just run pcgen2palm and the files will be renamed and then exported
      > to your palm folder. Once in your palm folder they will be
      > call .cdi's.

      >>> This is where my issues are occuring. I try to run this but it
      fails, saying that it cannot create the file.

      > 3. Once they are there synce your palm and your set. You will see
      the files rename themselves to something else and then appear in the
      pcgenview program on your palm.

    • orian2001@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 2, 2001
        I have not really had the time to email him, but I will try.

        > 1. Did you use the csheet_palm.cdt template to export it? if so did
        > the file of .cdt ( i think) appear at the root of your pcgen folder?

        Yes. This has taken place correctly.

        > 2. If not then you didn't export them correctly, if they did then
        > just run pcgen2palm and the files will be renamed and then exported
        > to your palm folder. Once in your palm folder they will be
        > call .cdi's.

        This is where I'm having the issue. I have tried running PCGen to
        Palm three or four times, the program completes, gets to 100% and
        then tells me that it cannot create the file.

        I hope someone can help. Thank you!!!

        -Ryan
      • bd_92@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2001
          did you email tim?

          --- In pcgen@y..., orian2001@h... wrote:
          > I have not really had the time to email him, but I will try.
          >
          > > 1. Did you use the csheet_palm.cdt template to export it? if so
          did
          > > the file of .cdt ( i think) appear at the root of your pcgen
          folder?

          > Yes. This has taken place correctly.
          >

          > > 2. If not then you didn't export them correctly, if they did then
          > > just run pcgen2palm and the files will be renamed and then
          exported
          > > to your palm folder. Once in your palm folder they will be
          > > call .cdi's.
          >
          > This is where I'm having the issue. I have tried running PCGen to
          > Palm three or four times, the program completes, gets to 100% and
          > then tells me that it cannot create the file.
          >
          > I hope someone can help. Thank you!!!
          >
          > -Ryan
        • Tim Evans
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 3, 2001
            Hello orian2001,

            ohc> I have not really had the time to email him, but I will try.

            >> 1. Did you use the csheet_palm.cdt template to export it? if so did
            >> the file of .cdt ( i think) appear at the root of your pcgen folder?

            ohc> Yes. This has taken place correctly.

            >> 2. If not then you didn't export them correctly, if they did then
            >> just run pcgen2palm and the files will be renamed and then exported
            >> to your palm folder. Once in your palm folder they will be
            >> call .cdi's.

            ohc> This is where I'm having the issue. I have tried running PCGen to
            ohc> Palm three or four times, the program completes, gets to 100% and
            ohc> then tells me that it cannot create the file.

            ohc> I hope someone can help. Thank you!!!

            ohc> -Ryan

            The only thing I can think of of the top of my head, that would cause
            it to fail to create the file, is that you have not edited the
            PCGENTOPALM.INI and have not set the OUTPUT Directory to the correct
            one for your PALM.

            the default on is

            OUTPUT=C:\PALM\EVANST\CASL

            the EVANST needs to be changed to whatever directory is used on your
            PC.

            The way PCGENTOPLAM.EXE works is it reads the .CDT file creates a .CDI
            file in the above directory and then renames the .CDT file to .BAK

            Unless there is something very strange in your .CDT file having the
            above line set to a none existent directory is about the only thing
            that would stop it working.

            By the way, there is a yahoogroup for PCGENView. If you go to
            www.pcgenview.com there is a link at the bottom of the page to join.

            --
            Best regards,
            Tim mailto:tim.evans@...
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 3, 2001
              He saw the message and emailed me. I'll try it out later on today. Thanks!