Replacing default racial languages?

  • Marc Sherman
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2001
      I posted this message to the Open forum on SF, before I discovered
      this mailing list (which seems to be where all the active discussion
      is), sorry for the duplication.

      I've got a character who's an Elf raised by (generations of)
      Halflings; as such, she speaks Halfling, but not Elven. Is there any
      way to change the default Elven language to Halfling?

      Thanks,

      - Marc
    • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2001
        Edit the character pcg file manually and remove the 'Elven' and
        replace it with 'Halfling'

        Mynex

      • msherman@projectile.ca
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2001
          --- In pcgen@y..., mynex2k1@y... wrote:

          > Edit the character pcg file manually and remove the 'Elven' and
          > replace it with 'Halfling'

          Nope, that doesn't work -- the next time I open the character
          in PCGen, it adds Elven back in, and says that I have to choose
          -1 languages.

          - Marc
        • yahoo@vorien.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2001
            I had the same problem, so I created a custom race in my custom
            section, and used that instead. Imagine, a Drow speaking Dwarven.
            Who'd have thunk?

            Michael