Re: [pcgen] Can't add Saves to AC

  • Mark Hulsman
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2001
      > I'm trying to define a feat that allows the recipient to add their base
      Reflex save to their AC, but it's not working. From the docs it looks like
      BONUS:COMBAT|AC|REFLEXBASE should work, but when I then try to view the
      Profile Tab, I get "Math error determining value for REFLEXBASE(REFLEXBASE)"
      four times, and then the bonus is not applied to the AC value displayed.

      > Any theories?

      I think that the only thing you can have in the third part of the bonus is a
      number. No text at all.
    • merton_monk@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2001
        --- In pcgen@y..., "Mark Hulsman" <hulsmanm@p...> wrote:
        > > I'm trying to define a feat that allows the recipient to add
        their base
        > Reflex save to their AC, but it's not working. From the docs it
        looks like
        > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|REFLEXBASE should work, but when I then try to view
        the
        > Profile Tab, I get "Math error determining value for REFLEXBASE
        (REFLEXBASE)"
        > four times, and then the bonus is not applied to the AC value
        displayed.

        > > Any theories?
        >
        > I think that the only thing you can have in the third part of the
        bonus is a
        > number. No text at all.

        Actually there are lots of text "variables" which are allowed in the
        third part of a BONUS tag. BONUS:COMBAT|AC|WIS for a Monk adds their
        Wisdom modifier to their AC. However, REFLEXBASE (and the other
        Check bases) are valid only in a DEFINE: statement. So to get what
        you want you'd have to replace the B and G of all the classes you
        used with O and then crafted a DEFINE:REFLEXBASE|formula statement to
        model how the bonuses should go. Then you could use REFLEXBASE in
        the third part of your BONUS tag. Actually, maybe that's not a bad
        idea. Maybe we should make REFLEXBASE: FORTBASE: and WILLBASE: as
        what's generally used for all the classes and remove the B and G
        entries for all 3 checks. This way the base check modifiers would be
        available to any formula. Hmmmm.... same thing could be done for the
        number of skillpoints accrued each level in case a class ever gets a
        variable number of skillpoints per level. Ack! Too much to do!
        That's why this is a fun project - a simple request can lead to an
        unanticipated change in functionality to make the whole thing better
        and more flexible. :)

        -Bryan
      • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2001
          Well, don't forget to go make yourself a FReq for it. That way some
          enterprising code monkey can make you happy. ;p

          Mynex

        • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2001