Skip to search.

Thomas Covenant was Re: LST Pretty Printer

  • rodac@SoftHome.net
    Message 1 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
      Man you guys are talking about some old school books :) I remember
      when that stuff was in 1st printing and just waiting for each book to
      come out next. Man I loved those books. Hard Core Fantasy reader
      stuff that. I knew allot of people who found it almost as hard
      to 'stomach' as Isaac's "Foundation" series. Now there was some good
      sci-fi!
    • Kurt Wimmer
      Message 2 of 28 , Dec 1 1:34 AM
        Muahaha yes, that they were ;)

        But so then... was ...  Void !  *grins*  He was awesome !

        pjak@... wrote:
        --- In pcgen@y..., Phantom of Krankor <torcha.geo@y...> wrote:
        > --- pjak@y... wrote:
        > > --- In pcgen@y..., "Paul M . Lambert" <plambert@p...> wrote:
        > > > Very unclean.  :-)
        > > Leper! Outcast! Unclean!
        >    Is that some sort of weird Survivor spin-off?

        For 4 points, the main character of the book is a "White Gold
        Wielder".

        /Jonas, who remembers thinking that the Bloodguard were truly k3w1.

      • Kurt Wimmer
        Message 3 of 28 , Dec 1 1:35 AM

          Ahh crap yeah,  Vain not Void heh, knew that sounded wrong but hey, for  4:30am (after having played some 2nd ed D&D) I think it is forgivable ;)

          -Kurt

          loyalp@... wrote:
          Oooh.  I think someone knows where I stole the character
          name "Bannor" from...

          Vain was the coolest, BTW.   ;-]

        • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 28 , Dec 1 3:02 AM
            I still eat stuff like that up... I love the Foundation (Asimov's
            not the hacks that trying to extend it nw) books! About once a year
            I get in the mood to read T.C. and Foundation/I, Robot series, but
            wind up going every other year... hrmm... now I'm in the mood for
            some Heinlen... time to hit the used book stores... :)

            Mynex

            --- In pcgen@y..., Rodney Cherry <rodac@S...> wrote:
            > Man you guys are talking about some old school books :) I remember
            when
            > that stuff was in 1st printing and just waiting for each book to
            come out
            > next. Man I loved those books. Hard Core Fantasy reader stuff
            that. I knew
            > allot of people who found it almost as hard to 'stomach' as
            Isaac's
            > "Foundation" series. Now there was some good sci-fi!
          • Brass Tilde
            Message 5 of 28 , Dec 1 6:03 AM

              Uh, I believe that would be "Who is *Ur*-Lord Thomas Covenant?"

              Brass

              Message 6 of 28 , Dec 1 7:11 AM
                DOH!!@! damnit! Now I gotta go find those books again and re-read
                em so's I don't be making mistakes like that!!!

                You go to hell! You go to hell and die!
                ;p

                Mynex