Thomas Covenant was Re: LST Pretty Printer

  • Rodney Cherry
    Message 1 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
      Man you guys are talking about some old school books :) I remember when
      that stuff was in 1st printing and just waiting for each book to come out
      next. Man I loved those books. Hard Core Fantasy reader stuff that. I knew
      allot of people who found it almost as hard to 'stomach' as Isaac's
      "Foundation" series. Now there was some good sci-fi!
    • rodac@SoftHome.net
        Message 3 of 28 , Dec 1, 2001
          Muahaha yes, that they were ;)

          But so then... was ...  Void !  *grins*  He was awesome !

          pjak@... wrote:
          --- In pcgen@y..., Phantom of Krankor <torcha.geo@y...> wrote:
          > --- pjak@y... wrote:
          > > --- In pcgen@y..., "Paul M . Lambert" <plambert@p...> wrote:
          > > > Very unclean.  :-)
          > > Leper! Outcast! Unclean!
          >    Is that some sort of weird Survivor spin-off?

          For 4 points, the main character of the book is a "White Gold
          Wielder".

          /Jonas, who remembers thinking that the Bloodguard were truly k3w1.

        • Kurt Wimmer
          Message 4 of 28 , Dec 1, 2001

            Ahh crap yeah,  Vain not Void heh, knew that sounded wrong but hey, for  4:30am (after having played some 2nd ed D&D) I think it is forgivable ;)

            -Kurt

            loyalp@... wrote:
            Oooh.  I think someone knows where I stole the character
            name "Bannor" from...

            Vain was the coolest, BTW.   ;-]

          • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 28 , Dec 1, 2001
              I still eat stuff like that up... I love the Foundation (Asimov's
              not the hacks that trying to extend it nw) books! About once a year
              I get in the mood to read T.C. and Foundation/I, Robot series, but
              wind up going every other year... hrmm... now I'm in the mood for
              some Heinlen... time to hit the used book stores... :)

              Mynex

              --- In pcgen@y..., Rodney Cherry <rodac@S...> wrote:
              > Man you guys are talking about some old school books :) I remember
              when
              > that stuff was in 1st printing and just waiting for each book to
              come out
              > next. Man I loved those books. Hard Core Fantasy reader stuff
              that. I knew
              > allot of people who found it almost as hard to 'stomach' as
              Isaac's
              > "Foundation" series. Now there was some good sci-fi!
            • Brass Tilde
              Message 6 of 28 , Dec 1, 2001

                Uh, I believe that would be "Who is *Ur*-Lord Thomas Covenant?"

                Brass

                Message 7 of 28 , Dec 1, 2001
                  DOH!!@! damnit! Now I gotta go find those books again and re-read
                  em so's I don't be making mistakes like that!!!

                  You go to hell! You go to hell and die!
                  ;p

                  Mynex