Re: PRESA: format PRESA:Rage %/day?

  • Christopher Skarp
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 30 10:44 PM
      So, in my classes file I would add this? Could you send me a working
      one, Emily? (I think I'm following the # of >s correctly) I tried to
      implement this, and it's stumping me... This is something I always
      meant to add as a houserule, and Pcgen gives me the capability of
      doing it! Wahoo!

      --- In pcgen@y..., Phantom of Krankor <torcha.geo@y...> wrote:

      > Wouldn't CHA.BASE (or STAT6.BASE) be better? I'm personally a
      fan
      > of using stats like objects when doing this sort of breakdown.
      >
      > -Greg G
      >
      > --- merton_monk@y... wrote:
      > > --- In pcgen@y..., Emily Smirle <smirle4498@r...> wrote:

      > > would

      > > > Lo and behold, it worked!
      > > > For those of you who care, the end result looked like this:
      > > >
      > > > BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS=Sorcerer;LEVEL=X|(((CHA-X)/4)+1)MAX0
      > > >

      > > > replacing the x's with the relevent level, and repeat nine
      times.
      > > Then
      > > > do again for Bard. :P Very very long line in my .lst, but it
      WORKS!

      > > > Refinement: How do I refer to my CHA only including racial
      > > modifiers, ie
      > > > no item bonuses? Putting on a cloak of charisma shouldn't make
      my
      > > > character learn new spells.
      > >
      > > Cool! I'm glad it worked. There's been no way to
      get "unadjusted CHA

    • merton_monk@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 25 , Dec 1, 2001
        I'm not exactly sure what you want, but if you add this statement to
        the level 1 line of your class in the class file:
        BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS=Sorcerer;LEVEL=0|(((CHA-0)/4)+1)MAX0
        (replacing X with 0 for, you could add the others for X values of 1
        to 9 in 9 additional BONUS: tags)
        the above would give the Sorcerer Class a bonus number of spells
        known of level 0 equal to their Charisma modifier divided by 4 +1
        (can't be negative in total value due to the MAX0).

        Does that help?

        -Bryan

      • Emily Smirle
        Message 3 of 25 , Dec 1, 2001
          Ok, not entirely sure which you're looking for Chris, so I'll tell you
          about what I'm responsible for. :)

          To give a sorcerer bonus spells known based on the bonus spells per day
          chart and his charisma, use the following formula:

          BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS=Sorcerer;LEVEL=X|(((CHA-X)/4)+1)MAX0
          ...substituting the correct level for X.

          If you want it based on his Charisma without item enhancements and
          whatever (logical, if you ask me) use the following:

          BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS=Sorcerer;LEVEL=X|(((CHA.BASE-X)/4)+1)MAX0
          ...again, substituting the level for X.

          Note that this *will* give him bonuses in levels he can't technically
          cast yet, so make sure you put them in on the levels where the sorcerer
          gets access to spells of that level.

          CHA.BASE (or any other of the stats.BASE) works in the latest release of
          PCGen, although the documentation didn't get in on time; it's
          languishing in CVS for those who care.

          --
          No magic system gives unlimited power to the magician (if |from
          it did, your game would consist of a bunch of mage characters |Dungeons
          Message 4 of 25 , Dec 1, 2001
            Cool, Emily, thanks! (You too, Bryan)

            If I want to keep this bonus from level to level, will need to add in each
            level of spells it applies to every level, right? Or is it stored
            someplace...

            F'rinstance, a 1st level sorcerer has KNOWN:4,2... If I add the bonus in,
            this'd change to 4,3... Once 2nd level is achieved, does this go to 5,2 or
            5,3? Do I need to put the bonus on every level? Guess a little testing will
            tell... :)

          • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 25 , Dec 1, 2001
              --- In pcgen@y..., "Christopher V. Skarp" <critical.fumble@f...>
              wrote:
              > Cool, Emily, thanks! (You too, Bryan)
              >
              > If I want to keep this bonus from level to level, will need to add
              in each
              > level of spells it applies to every level, right? Or is it stored
              > someplace...

              If you add the line below on the main character line in the class
              list file at the end it will update that for you automatically based
              on the stat you are using (in this case CHR)...

              hrmm.. that didn't seem to make much sense, lemme try again...

              In the class list file, find the line that starts with 'Sorcerer'
              (Any line in a class list file that start with the class name is the
              main line where everything is defined), when you find that line, go
              to the end of hit, hit tab, and then add the line below 10 times.
              Replace the x for 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 to represent each level that
              will get the bonus.

              That's all you have to do. No other editing need be done. :)

              There. That made a bit more sense, I hope.

              Mynex

              > F'rinstance, a 1st level sorcerer has KNOWN:4,2... If I add the
              bonus in,
              > this'd change to 4,3... Once 2nd level is achieved, does this go
              to 5,2 or
              > 5,3? Do I need to put the bonus on every level? Guess a little
              testing will
              > tell... :)

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Christopher V. Skarp
              Message 6 of 25 , Dec 1, 2001
                Just thought of another question... Noticed I hadn't changed the CHA.BASE-X
                yet, left it as X (it works) what should the X be? Can't imagine it's spell
                level, because for 9th level spells it'd be (((CHA.BASE-9)/4)+1) or 1. If
                nothing is deleted, it'd be ((CHA.BASE/4)+1) or 1. Same result, whether or
                not you subtract spell level. Or has my math skills gone completely out the
                window... :)