Re: LST Pretty Printer

  • pjak@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
      --- In pcgen@y..., "Paul M . Lambert" <plambert@p...> wrote:
      > I enjoyed them for the opportunity they afforded to actively dislike
      > the protagonist. I'm trying to find my copies to lend to a friend,
      who
      > needs that same opportunity. :-)

      Or just hand him this link, which sums up the book nicely:

      http://rinkworks.com/bookaminute/b/donaldson.first.shtml

      or this one, which sums up book two:

      http://rinkworks.com/bookaminute/b/donaldson.second.shtml

      /Jonas, who really likes rinkworks...
    • Christopher V. Skarp
      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
        Wow, someone actually managed to finish that book? I used 'em for holding up
        a couch... :)
        Message 3 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
          Man you guys are talking about some old school books :) I remember when
          that stuff was in 1st printing and just waiting for each book to come out
          next. Man I loved those books. Hard Core Fantasy reader stuff that. I knew
          allot of people who found it almost as hard to 'stomach' as Isaac's
          "Foundation" series. Now there was some good sci-fi!
        • rodac@SoftHome.net
            Message 5 of 28 , Dec 1, 2001
              Muahaha yes, that they were ;)

              But so then... was ...  Void !  *grins*  He was awesome !

              Message 6 of 28 , Dec 1, 2001

                Ahh crap yeah,  Vain not Void heh, knew that sounded wrong but hey, for  4:30am (after having played some 2nd ed D&D) I think it is forgivable ;)

                -Kurt

                loyalp@... wrote:
                Oooh.  I think someone knows where I stole the character
                name "Bannor" from...

                Vain was the coolest, BTW.   ;-]

              • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 28 , Dec 1, 2001
                  I still eat stuff like that up... I love the Foundation (Asimov's
                  not the hacks that trying to extend it nw) books! About once a year
                  I get in the mood to read T.C. and Foundation/I, Robot series, but
                  wind up going every other year... hrmm... now I'm in the mood for
                  some Heinlen... time to hit the used book stores... :)

                  Mynex

                  --- In pcgen@y..., Rodney Cherry <rodac@S...> wrote:
                  > Man you guys are talking about some old school books :) I remember
                  when
                  > that stuff was in 1st printing and just waiting for each book to
                  come out
                  > next. Man I loved those books. Hard Core Fantasy reader stuff
                  that. I knew
                  > allot of people who found it almost as hard to 'stomach' as
                  Isaac's
                  > "Foundation" series. Now there was some good sci-fi!
                • Brass Tilde
                  Message 8 of 28 , Dec 1, 2001

                    Uh, I believe that would be "Who is *Ur*-Lord Thomas Covenant?"

                    Brass

                    Message 9 of 28 , Dec 1, 2001
                      DOH!!@! damnit! Now I gotta go find those books again and re-read
                      em so's I don't be making mistakes like that!!!

                      You go to hell! You go to hell and die!
                      ;p

                      Mynex