Unarmed Strike...again...

  • Phantom of Krankor
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2001
      AHA! My unarmed strike problem is a little narrowed down now. I've
      got an existing PC
      (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/Character%20PCG%20files/Bardock.pcg).
      It looks like the problem may just be in the ROG csheet. If I use the
      csheet.htm, Unarmed Strike shows up as both a regular Combat modifier
      *and* a weapon.
      csheetROG.htm shows Unarmed Strike as a weapon, but it's WAYYYYYY at
      the end of the list (because of the alphabetizing issue).
      Is there anything I can do about this? I really like the ROG
      format, as it's got the info laid out the way I want it.

      -Greg G

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • Richard O'Doherty-Gregg
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2001
        > csheetROG.htm shows Unarmed Strike as a weapon, but it's WAYYYYYY at
        >the end of the list (because of the alphabetizing issue).
        > Is there anything I can do about this? I really like the ROG
        >format, as it's got the info laid out the way I want it.

        Ah, this old chestnut :-)

        When someone suggested making the equipment lists alphabetical I asked
        that they not touch the order for the weapon and armour lists, but alas
        they became alphabetical as well.

        My reasoning was, that atleast a user had some control over what order
        the weapons appeared in (by adding and removing them you can get the one
        you wanted to the top) and therefore have you favoured weapons at the
        top etc.

        Alas, I wasn't heard, and they've all been alphabetical for quite
        sometime (6+ months).

        I'm sure someone else will complain if this feature is now taken away,
        so I think we're stuck with it :-)

        -ROG
      • Kurt Wimmer
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2001

          Again, this is where it would be nice if there was a method by which you could provide options to use on the sheet from within PCGen.  So on export page have a sidebar with options for the selected export-csheet.  So on ROGs you could have a side bar with:
             [] Alphabetical order for equipment
             [] Alphabetical order for .....
          or perhaps even....
             [Order for equipment]  <-- drop down box:
                  Alphabetical, Reversed, unordered, bought...
                  or whatever else one could manage to have

          I'm sure there are other options one could come up with...

          How to do this?
          Perhaps have a little 'plugin' type of thing for csheets, have the chseet maker (or someone for them) a java 'applet' that gets loaded into the sidebar of the export tab.  How to have the sheet change... not sure, presumably javascript can handle this, just means larger sheets as you would have to have all options included in the sheet.  OR... have your sheet broekn into its component pieces then 'sticth' them together with the java applet into the actual sheet being exported to.

          ROG:
          Comp#1:  Character Info Section
          Comp#2:  Ability Scores
          Comp#3:  AC bar
          Comp#4:  Initiative bar
          Comp#5:  modifiers bar  [spell failure etc]
          Comp#6:  BAB
          Comp#7:  Attack modifiers
          and so on...
          Comp#8:  Compact Weapon List  [one table, each weapon an entry]
          Comp#9:  Full Weapon List  [the table for each weapon]
          Comp#10:  Super compact skill list  [3-columned table, sub-tables for skills]
          Comp#11:  Compat skill list [2-columned table, sub-tables for skills, more info per skill]
          Comp#12:  Skill list [table, each skill a row, all info available]
          blah blah blah....

          We talked about this (or rather something similar) once before...

          Kurt

        • merton_monk@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2001
            My intention is to make a column available on every table which
            indicates what index each item would have listed on your character
            sheet. It would default to alphabetical order, but you could then
            modify it to your heart's content. That won't be part of the GUI
            revamp, though the people that will be doing the coding of each of
            the tabs can certainly add it if they so desire, but certainly would
            be near the top of the GUI list after the revamp is complete. Just as
            a side note we are trying to cut down on the number of columns
            displayed on each table so you don't have to scroll so much
            horizontally. Might make this 'index' column an optional column -
            it's only visible so you can modify it if you really want to do so -
            otherwise it will display everything in alphabetical order which is
            what I think most people would like.

            -Bryan

            --- In pcgen@y..., Kurt Wimmer <kwimmer@r...> wrote:

> [...]
            > > >format, as it's got the info laid out the way I want it.
            > >
            > > Ah, this old chestnut :-)
            > >
            > > When someone suggested making the equipment lists alphabetical I
            asked
            > > that they not touch the order for the weapon and armour lists,
            but alas
            > > they became alphabetical as well.
            > >
            > > My reasoning was, that atleast a user had some control over what
            order
            > > the weapons appeared in (by adding and removing them you can get
            the one
            > > you wanted to the top) and therefore have you favoured weapons at
            the
            > > top etc.
            > >
            > > Alas, I wasn't heard, and they've all been alphabetical for quite
            > > sometime (6+ months).
            > >
            > > I'm sure someone else will complain if this feature is now taken

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=178320.1681224.3270152.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17
            05016061:HM/A=879172/R=0/*http://www.fastweb.com/ib/yahoo-75f>

            Service