RE: [pcgen] MM: Race overhaul ideas *long*

  • Sussenberger, John
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2001
      Message
      Andrew,

      This sounds like some good ideas for changes.  As for the creation of a quick monster, I wonder if it would be easier to have a section of the race where you could place their starting "rolled" stats, chosen FEATS, chosen skill ranks and allow PCGen to apply these choices.  These would be the basic values (PCGen would need to apply the races ability modifiers, skill bonuses, etc. from the beginning of the race line.

      So at the end of a monster description you would have:

      QUICK:10 10 10 11 11 11 (for "rolled" stats)    QFEAT:Power Attack,Cleave    QSKILL:Spot,3    QSKILL:Listen,4

      This way we have PCGen perform the calculations, but apply these options instead of the ones we would normally choose.  Sort of like random character generation, but without the randomness :)

      Does that make any sense?

      -John-