Re: [pcgen] Re: LST Pretty Printer

  • Phantom of Krankor
    Message 1 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
      --- pjak@... wrote:
      > --- In pcgen@y..., Phantom of Krankor <torcha.geo@y...> wrote:
      > > --- pjak@y... wrote:
      > > > Leper! Outcast! Unclean!
      > > Is that some sort of weird Survivor spin-off?
      >
      > For 4 points, the main character of the book is a "White Gold
      > Wielder".

      I thought the Ur-Vile reference was familiar. It's been forever
      since I read the Thomas Covenant books.

      -Greg G

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • Paul M . Lambert
      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
        I enjoyed them for the opportunity they afforded to actively dislike
        the protagonist. I'm trying to find my copies to lend to a friend, who
        needs that same opportunity. :-)

        --plambert

      • pjak@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
          --- In pcgen@y..., mynex2k1@y... wrote:

          > Yea, so,y3r be 31it3 now? ;p

          Nah, but I was, um (counts on fingers) 21 years ago, when I first
          read it, waiting for a bus to arrive to take me and a bunch of other
          Boy Sprouts from the Imperial War Museum to um, wherever we were
          going next. (Ok, I didn't read *all* of it while waiting for that
          bus. But still. ;-)

          > That suh, would be-uh, Who is Lord Thomas Covenant.

          We have a winner! Collect your no-prize wherever you like!

          /Jonas, who is (obviously) in a silly mood tonight. :-)
        • pjak@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
            --- In pcgen@y..., "Paul M . Lambert" <plambert@p...> wrote:
            > I enjoyed them for the opportunity they afforded to actively dislike
            > the protagonist. I'm trying to find my copies to lend to a friend,
            who
            > needs that same opportunity. :-)

            Or just hand him this link, which sums up the book nicely:

            http://rinkworks.com/bookaminute/b/donaldson.first.shtml

            or this one, which sums up book two:

            http://rinkworks.com/bookaminute/b/donaldson.second.shtml

            /Jonas, who really likes rinkworks...
          • Christopher V. Skarp
            Message 5 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
              Wow, someone actually managed to finish that book? I used 'em for holding up
              a couch... :)
              > > Is that some sort of weird Survivor spin-off?
              >
              > For 4 points, the main character of the book is a "White Gold
              > Wielder".
              >
              > /Jonas, who remembers thinking that the Bloodguard were truly k3w1.

            • Rodney Cherry
              Message 6 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
                Man you guys are talking about some old school books :) I remember when
                that stuff was in 1st printing and just waiting for each book to come out
                next. Man I loved those books. Hard Core Fantasy reader stuff that. I knew
                allot of people who found it almost as hard to 'stomach' as Isaac's
                "Foundation" series. Now there was some good sci-fi!
              • rodac@SoftHome.net
                  Message 8 of 28 , Dec 1, 2001
                    Muahaha yes, that they were ;)

                    But so then... was ...  Void !  *grins*  He was awesome !

                    Message 9 of 28 , Dec 1, 2001

                      Ahh crap yeah,  Vain not Void heh, knew that sounded wrong but hey, for  4:30am (after having played some 2nd ed D&D) I think it is forgivable ;)

                      -Kurt

                      loyalp@... wrote:
                      Oooh.  I think someone knows where I stole the character
                      name "Bannor" from...

                      Vain was the coolest, BTW.   ;-]

                    • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 28 , Dec 1, 2001
                        I still eat stuff like that up... I love the Foundation (Asimov's
                        not the hacks that trying to extend it nw) books! About once a year
                        I get in the mood to read T.C. and Foundation/I, Robot series, but
                        wind up going every other year... hrmm... now I'm in the mood for
                        some Heinlen... time to hit the used book stores... :)

                        Mynex

                        --- In pcgen@y..., Rodney Cherry <rodac@S...> wrote:
                        > Man you guys are talking about some old school books :) I remember
                        when
                        > that stuff was in 1st printing and just waiting for each book to
                        come out
                        > next. Man I loved those books. Hard Core Fantasy reader stuff
                        that. I knew
                        > allot of people who found it almost as hard to 'stomach' as
                        Isaac's
                        > "Foundation" series. Now there was some good sci-fi!
                      • Brass Tilde
                        Message 11 of 28 , Dec 1, 2001

                          Uh, I believe that would be "Who is *Ur*-Lord Thomas Covenant?"

                          Brass

                          Message 12 of 28 , Dec 1, 2001
                            DOH!!@! damnit! Now I gotta go find those books again and re-read
                            em so's I don't be making mistakes like that!!!

                            You go to hell! You go to hell and die!
                            ;p

                            Mynex