Re: LST Pretty Printer

  • loyalp@home.com
    Message 1 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
      Oooh. I think someone knows where I stole the character
      name "Bannor" from...

      Vain was the coolest, BTW. ;-]

      --- In pcgen@y..., pjak@y... wrote:
      > --- In pcgen@y..., Phantom of Krankor <torcha.geo@y...> wrote:
      > > --- pjak@y... wrote:
      > > > Leper! Outcast! Unclean!
      > > Is that some sort of weird Survivor spin-off?
      >
      > For 4 points, the main character of the book is a "White Gold
      > Wielder".
      >
      > /Jonas, who remembers thinking that the Bloodguard were truly k3w1.
    • Phantom of Krankor
      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
        --- pjak@... wrote:
        > --- In pcgen@y..., Phantom of Krankor <torcha.geo@y...> wrote:
        > > --- pjak@y... wrote:
        > > > Leper! Outcast! Unclean!
        > > Is that some sort of weird Survivor spin-off?
        >
        > For 4 points, the main character of the book is a "White Gold
        > Wielder".

        I thought the Ur-Vile reference was familiar. It's been forever
        since I read the Thomas Covenant books.

        -Greg G

        http://shopping.yahoo.com
      • Paul M . Lambert
        Message 3 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
          I enjoyed them for the opportunity they afforded to actively dislike
          the protagonist. I'm trying to find my copies to lend to a friend, who
          needs that same opportunity. :-)

          --plambert

        • pjak@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
            --- In pcgen@y..., mynex2k1@y... wrote:

            > Yea, so,y3r be 31it3 now? ;p

            Nah, but I was, um (counts on fingers) 21 years ago, when I first
            read it, waiting for a bus to arrive to take me and a bunch of other
            Boy Sprouts from the Imperial War Museum to um, wherever we were
            going next. (Ok, I didn't read *all* of it while waiting for that
            bus. But still. ;-)

            > That suh, would be-uh, Who is Lord Thomas Covenant.

            We have a winner! Collect your no-prize wherever you like!

            /Jonas, who is (obviously) in a silly mood tonight. :-)
          • pjak@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
              --- In pcgen@y..., "Paul M . Lambert" <plambert@p...> wrote:
              > I enjoyed them for the opportunity they afforded to actively dislike
              > the protagonist. I'm trying to find my copies to lend to a friend,
              who
              > needs that same opportunity. :-)

              Or just hand him this link, which sums up the book nicely:

              http://rinkworks.com/bookaminute/b/donaldson.first.shtml

              or this one, which sums up book two:

              http://rinkworks.com/bookaminute/b/donaldson.second.shtml

              /Jonas, who really likes rinkworks...
            • Christopher V. Skarp
              Message 6 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
                Wow, someone actually managed to finish that book? I used 'em for holding up
                a couch... :)
                > > Is that some sort of weird Survivor spin-off?
                >
                > For 4 points, the main character of the book is a "White Gold
                > Wielder".
                >
                > /Jonas, who remembers thinking that the Bloodguard were truly k3w1.

              • Rodney Cherry
                Message 7 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
                  Man you guys are talking about some old school books :) I remember when
                  that stuff was in 1st printing and just waiting for each book to come out
                  next. Man I loved those books. Hard Core Fantasy reader stuff that. I knew
                  allot of people who found it almost as hard to 'stomach' as Isaac's
                  "Foundation" series. Now there was some good sci-fi!
                • rodac@SoftHome.net
                    Message 9 of 28 , Dec 1, 2001
                      Muahaha yes, that they were ;)

                      But so then... was ...  Void !  *grins*  He was awesome !

                      Message 10 of 28 , Dec 1, 2001

                        Ahh crap yeah,  Vain not Void heh, knew that sounded wrong but hey, for  4:30am (after having played some 2nd ed D&D) I think it is forgivable ;)

                        -Kurt

                      • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
                        Message 11 of 28 , Dec 1, 2001
                          I still eat stuff like that up... I love the Foundation (Asimov's
                          not the hacks that trying to extend it nw) books! About once a year
                          I get in the mood to read T.C. and Foundation/I, Robot series, but
                          wind up going every other year... hrmm... now I'm in the mood for
                          some Heinlen... time to hit the used book stores... :)

                          Mynex

                          --- In pcgen@y..., Rodney Cherry <rodac@S...> wrote:
                          > Man you guys are talking about some old school books :) I remember
                          when
                          > that stuff was in 1st printing and just waiting for each book to
                          come out
                          > next. Man I loved those books. Hard Core Fantasy reader stuff
                          that. I knew
                          > allot of people who found it almost as hard to 'stomach' as
                          Isaac's
                          > "Foundation" series. Now there was some good sci-fi!
                        • Brass Tilde
                          Message 12 of 28 , Dec 1, 2001

                            Uh, I believe that would be "Who is *Ur*-Lord Thomas Covenant?"

                            Brass

                            Message 13 of 28 , Dec 1, 2001
                              DOH!!@! damnit! Now I gotta go find those books again and re-read
                              em so's I don't be making mistakes like that!!!

                              You go to hell! You go to hell and die!
                              ;p

                              Mynex