Re: LST Pretty Printer

  • pjak@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
      --- In pcgen@y..., Phantom of Krankor <torcha.geo@y...> wrote:
      > --- pjak@y... wrote:
      > > --- In pcgen@y..., "Paul M . Lambert" <plambert@p...> wrote:
      > > > Very unclean. :-)
      > > Leper! Outcast! Unclean!
      > Is that some sort of weird Survivor spin-off?

      For 4 points, the main character of the book is a "White Gold
      Wielder".

      /Jonas, who remembers thinking that the Bloodguard were truly k3w1.
    • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
        Yea, so,y3r be 31it3 now? ;p

        That suh, would be-uh, Who is Lord Thomas Covenant.

        Mynex

      • loyalp@home.com
        Message 3 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
          Oooh. I think someone knows where I stole the character
          name "Bannor" from...

          Vain was the coolest, BTW. ;-]

          --- In pcgen@y..., pjak@y... wrote:
          > --- In pcgen@y..., Phantom of Krankor <torcha.geo@y...> wrote:
          > > --- pjak@y... wrote:
          > > > Leper! Outcast! Unclean!
          > > Is that some sort of weird Survivor spin-off?
          >
          > For 4 points, the main character of the book is a "White Gold
          > Wielder".
          >
          > /Jonas, who remembers thinking that the Bloodguard were truly k3w1.
        • Phantom of Krankor
          Message 4 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
            --- pjak@... wrote:
            > --- In pcgen@y..., Phantom of Krankor <torcha.geo@y...> wrote:
            > > --- pjak@y... wrote:
            > > > Leper! Outcast! Unclean!
            > > Is that some sort of weird Survivor spin-off?
            >
            > For 4 points, the main character of the book is a "White Gold
            > Wielder".

            I thought the Ur-Vile reference was familiar. It's been forever
            since I read the Thomas Covenant books.

            -Greg G

            http://shopping.yahoo.com
          • Paul M . Lambert
            Message 5 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
              I enjoyed them for the opportunity they afforded to actively dislike
              the protagonist. I'm trying to find my copies to lend to a friend, who
              needs that same opportunity. :-)

              --plambert

            • pjak@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
                --- In pcgen@y..., mynex2k1@y... wrote:

                > Yea, so,y3r be 31it3 now? ;p

                Nah, but I was, um (counts on fingers) 21 years ago, when I first
                read it, waiting for a bus to arrive to take me and a bunch of other
                Boy Sprouts from the Imperial War Museum to um, wherever we were
                going next. (Ok, I didn't read *all* of it while waiting for that
                bus. But still. ;-)

                > That suh, would be-uh, Who is Lord Thomas Covenant.

                We have a winner! Collect your no-prize wherever you like!

                /Jonas, who is (obviously) in a silly mood tonight. :-)
              • pjak@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
                  --- In pcgen@y..., "Paul M . Lambert" <plambert@p...> wrote:
                  > I enjoyed them for the opportunity they afforded to actively dislike
                  > the protagonist. I'm trying to find my copies to lend to a friend,
                  who
                  > needs that same opportunity. :-)

                  Or just hand him this link, which sums up the book nicely:

                  http://rinkworks.com/bookaminute/b/donaldson.first.shtml

                  or this one, which sums up book two:

                  http://rinkworks.com/bookaminute/b/donaldson.second.shtml

                  /Jonas, who really likes rinkworks...
                • Christopher V. Skarp
                  Message 8 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
                    Wow, someone actually managed to finish that book? I used 'em for holding up
                    a couch... :)
                    > > Is that some sort of weird Survivor spin-off?
                    >
                    > For 4 points, the main character of the book is a "White Gold
                    > Wielder".
                    >
                    > /Jonas, who remembers thinking that the Bloodguard were truly k3w1.

                  • Rodney Cherry
                    Message 9 of 28 , Nov 30, 2001
                      Man you guys are talking about some old school books :) I remember when
                      that stuff was in 1st printing and just waiting for each book to come out
                      next. Man I loved those books. Hard Core Fantasy reader stuff that. I knew
                      allot of people who found it almost as hard to 'stomach' as Isaac's
                      "Foundation" series. Now there was some good sci-fi!
                    • rodac@SoftHome.net
                        Message 11 of 28 , Dec 1, 2001
                          Muahaha yes, that they were ;)

                          But so then... was ...  Void !  *grins*  He was awesome !

                          Message 12 of 28 , Dec 1, 2001

                            Ahh crap yeah,  Vain not Void heh, knew that sounded wrong but hey, for  4:30am (after having played some 2nd ed D&D) I think it is forgivable ;)

                            -Kurt

                            Message 13 of 28 , Dec 1, 2001
                              I still eat stuff like that up... I love the Foundation (Asimov's
                              not the hacks that trying to extend it nw) books! About once a year
                              I get in the mood to read T.C. and Foundation/I, Robot series, but
                              wind up going every other year... hrmm... now I'm in the mood for
                              some Heinlen... time to hit the used book stores... :)

                              Mynex

                              --- In pcgen@y..., Rodney Cherry <rodac@S...> wrote:
                              > Man you guys are talking about some old school books :) I remember
                              when
                              > that stuff was in 1st printing and just waiting for each book to
                              come out
                              > next. Man I loved those books. Hard Core Fantasy reader stuff
                              that. I knew
                              > allot of people who found it almost as hard to 'stomach' as
                              Isaac's
                              > "Foundation" series. Now there was some good sci-fi!
                            • Brass Tilde
                              Message 14 of 28 , Dec 1, 2001

                                Uh, I believe that would be "Who is *Ur*-Lord Thomas Covenant?"

                                Brass

                                Message 15 of 28 , Dec 1, 2001
                                  DOH!!@! damnit! Now I gotta go find those books again and re-read
                                  em so's I don't be making mistakes like that!!!

                                  You go to hell! You go to hell and die!
                                  ;p

                                  Mynex