okay, I'm RANTing now...

  • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2001
      *Gets on Soapbox*

      I _know_ this has been brought up numerous times before. I know
      it's not that hard a thing to do.... And before anyone gets pissy
      (besides me), Most of you get at least the basic information in
      (yes, I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here)... this is
      directed to anyone who does this...

      This is a bug that was entered today at Source Forge

      Submitter:Anonymous
      Summary:won't reload character
      When I try to load a saved character, the info shows
      up under the DM Tools tab but does not allow me to
      edit character data. THis is happening with old
      charaters and new created under 2.3.2. It only seems
      to affect multiclass characters.

      Now, to whoever posted this, Stop, think for a second...

      ****RANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANT*****

      HOW AM I, OR ANYONE ELSE, SUPPOSED TO FIGURE OUT WHAT THE FRIGGIN
      PROBLEM IS, IF YOU DON'T INCLUDE THE PCG FILE AND/OR THE STEPS TO
      REPRODUCE THE FRIGGIN ERROR??????!!!!?????!!!!!?????

      ****RANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANT*****

      okay... I feel a bit better now.. Now I'll be a bit nicer about it..

      Please, PLEASE, people, when entering in a Bug report, _Escpecially_
      a bug report, include as much information about the problem as
      possible... If it's a character problem, then please include the
      pcg file so we can look at it... I just completely rebuilt someones
      character this morning to work in 2.3.2, and that was fine with
      me... I have no problem doing things like that.

      If it's an error that's intermittent (like the auto feats
      disappearing/reappearing, please say so. If you can duplicate it
      everytime, then please include whatever steps you know/remember to
      duplicate it, if it gives you an error message copy it down for the
      Code Monkeys, if you get errors that show up in your debug console,
      even better, that's cut'n paste!

      It's difficult enough for the Real Code Monkeys to work on bugs that
      are defined, but it's impossible to even know where to begin without
      basic information.

      And just to clarify... Basic information is;
      What source materials are you loading, if you can load them.
      Is this a new or old character (if character related)
      does it do it every time?
      is it a problem with the class, race, feats, special abilities, etc
      what version of PCGen are you using?
      have you read over the FAQ to see if maybe it's something that's
      known there?

      okay... enough from me, I think you get the idea...
      And for everyone that does include basic information, my apologies
      for subjecting you to my rant.
      For anyone who didn't know before about bug submittal, my apologies
      if this came off rude, not meant too
      And for the people who know better, and submit bugs like this
      anyway, stop it please, it wastes the your time, and will get
      ignored by the Code Monkeys (Assumption on my part, they may just
      point and laugh at it, or scratch their heads and eat their Code
      Monkey snacks).

      *Gets off Soapbox*

      Phew! Now I can go back to being my happy sleepless self.

      -Mynex
    • Scott Ellsworth
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2001
        >if you get errors that show up in your debug console,
        >even better, that's cut'n paste!

        Actually, I have never gotten cut and paste to work from the debug console.

        I have not tried recent releases, though.

        Is it working for anyone else?

        Scott
        --
      • brentab@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 30, 2001
          Not sure if the right-click menu works, but pretty sure I've done it
          with ctrl-c to copy, and ctrl-v to paste.

          --- In pcgen@y..., Scott Ellsworth <scott@a...> wrote:
          > >if you get errors that show up in your debug console,
          > >even better, that's cut'n paste!
          >
          > Actually, I have never gotten cut and paste to work from the debug
          console.

          > I have not tried recent releases, though.
          >
          > Is it working for anyone else?
          >
          > Scott
          > --
        • Benjamin Pew