Re: [pcgen] Armor issues...possible bug in 2.3.2

  • Phantom of Krankor
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 30, 2001
      Listed as not there, where, exactly? They're showing up as
      "Automatic" on the feat list for me, and I don't expect to see them
      anywhere else.

      -Greg G

      http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
    • orian2001@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 30, 2001
        I'm not seeing them on my FEAT list.. that's the thing.

      • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 30, 2001
          1st off, as a 1st lvl fighter you get all simple and martial weapon
          proficiencies (Noted as 'Automatic' on the feats tab), 2nd as a 1st
          lvl fighter you are proficient in Light, Medium, and Heavy Armor type
          (Again, notated with 'Automatic' on the feats tab.

          As of testing just now, this is functioning correctly (the display
          of 'Automatic').

          In teh Abilities Tab, the bottom 1/3 is devoted to the different
          proficiencies a character knows, listed as weapon types. This is,
          again, as it should be. The weapon proficiencies listed cover
          _every_ weapon that is listed in the the equipment tab... maening
          that just because you don't see Longbow (Mighty/Composite) in the
          proficiencies (on the ability tab) doesn't mean you are not
          proficient with it. In fact a lot of equipment shares proficiencies.

          Like dagger.. there's Dagger, Dagger (Masterwork), Dagger (Silvered),
          Dagger +x... every one of these Dagger types uses the Dagger
          Proficiency, so you will only see Dagger listed as a Proficiency on
          the Abilities tab... Then you' see All the above with 'Thrown' on
          them, and see Dagger (Thrown) in the proficiencies list...

          Make sense?

          Mynex

        • Christopher V. Skarp
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 30, 2001
            Here is proof! <eg>

            Select the campaign source "All D20 sources" and load it

            Make a dwarf, any alignment, Give him 1 level of fighter, then look at the feats tab... Not only are the armor feats not automatic, they're listed as not qualified....

            Weird... I created a centaur Monte Cook's ranger, and his armor feats were ok... :)

            - Chris

            orian2001@h... wrote:
            > > > So that's why I'm seeing more FEATS than normal. OK. So I have to

            go
            > > > get the Armor Profs?

            (Thanks)

            orian2001@h... wrote:
            > oh
            > show

            > > > missing

            or is this a bug? (This is the first time I've
            > noticed

            > of

            Crack-head) (again, sorry for that.)

            site hosting, just
            > > > $8.95/month.

            http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

            > > Do You
            Yahoo!?

            href="http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1">http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

            ---------------------~-->
            > Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95

            Refill any ink cartridge for less!
            > Includes black and color ink.

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/QzLWzD/MkNDAA/ySSFAA/9rHolB/TM
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Ratbearer
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 30, 2001
              In Ryan's defense, I do know what he is referring to. This happened
              once before in a previous build. I think it is a focus issue (or
              something like that).

              Sometimes, when coming from certain tabs (or maybe certain fields on
              certain tabs) and selecting the Feat tab, PCGen does not recognize
              the Auto feats and they are all tagged no. I've found that by
              switching from the Feat tab, to the Class tab and back to the Feat
              tab generally "corrects" the issue and the feats are tagged properly.

              It is a very sporadic bug, so it may be a bit tough to consistantly
              reproduce on any machine, but I have run into this issue a couple
              different times myself. But since the tab switching I mentioned
              previously "corrected" the issue, I hadn't been motivated to report
              the issue before now.

              Ratbearer

              --- In pcgen@y..., mynex2k1@y... wrote:

              > 1st off, as a 1st lvl fighter you get all simple and martial weapon
              > proficiencies (Noted as 'Automatic' on the feats tab), 2nd as a 1st
              > lvl fighter you are proficient in Light, Medium, and Heavy Armor
              type
              > (Again, notated with 'Automatic' on the feats tab.
              >
              > As of testing just now, this is functioning correctly (the display
              > of 'Automatic').
              >
              > In teh Abilities Tab, the bottom 1/3 is devoted to the different
              > proficiencies a character knows, listed as weapon types. This is,
              > again, as it should be. The weapon proficiencies listed cover
              > _every_ weapon that is listed in the the equipment tab... maening
              > that just because you don't see Longbow (Mighty/Composite) in the
              > proficiencies (on the ability tab) doesn't mean you are not
              > proficient with it. In fact a lot of equipment shares
              proficiencies.

              > Like dagger.. there's Dagger, Dagger (Masterwork), Dagger
              (Silvered),
              > Dagger +x... every one of these Dagger types uses the Dagger
              > Proficiency, so you will only see Dagger listed as a Proficiency on
              > the Abilities tab... Then you' see All the above with 'Thrown' on
              > them, and see Dagger (Thrown) in the proficiencies list...
              >
              > Make sense?
              >
              > Mynex
              >
              > --- In pcgen@y..., Phantom of Krankor <torcha.geo@y...> wrote:
              > >
              > > As a first-level fighter, you should have chosen one from the
              > > pop-up. Past that, you should have 1 feat to select (2 if you're
              > > human). You should see all of the Armor proficiency feats on the
              > > character sheet, though.
              > >
              > > -Greg G
              > >

              > > --- orian2001@h... wrote:
              > > > So that's why I'm seeing more FEATS than normal. OK. So I have
              > go
              > > > get the Armor Profs?
              > > >
              > > > (Thanks)

              > like
              > > > it
              > getting
              > > > the
              > profs
              > > > are
              > > > out.

              > oh
              > show

              > > > missing

              > noticed

              > of

              > > > $8.95/month.

              > > Yahoo! GeoCities - quick and easy web site hosting, just
              > $8.95/month.
              > > http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
            • Ryan Kafer
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 30, 2001
                Yes it does, as that is how I remember seeing it, but for some reason I did
                not see it when i was creating the character. I'll check again.

                Thank you!

                -Ryan

                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 30, 2001
                  OK, I just tried Ratbearer's suggestion and they are correct now.
                  THANK YOU!

                  http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp
                • Christopher V. Skarp
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 30, 2001
                    You're right...Switch back to classes, then back to feats, and they show
                    up... Odd.... :)

                    - Chris

                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 30, 2001
                      I've seen that behavior before. Go to the class list, and click on
                      several different classes. Don't add levels, just click around. Now

                      -Greg G

                      http://shopping.yahoo.com