Re: [pcgen] Re: Armor issues...possible bug in 2.3.2

  • Phantom of Krankor
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 30, 2001
      As a first-level fighter, you should have chosen one from the
      pop-up. Past that, you should have 1 feat to select (2 if you're
      human). You should see all of the Armor proficiency feats on the
      character sheet, though.

      -Greg G

      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 30, 2001
        Listed as not there, where, exactly? They're showing up as
        "Automatic" on the feat list for me, and I don't expect to see them
        anywhere else.

        -Greg G

      • orian2001@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 30, 2001
          I'm not seeing them on my FEAT list.. that's the thing.

        • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 30, 2001
            1st off, as a 1st lvl fighter you get all simple and martial weapon
            proficiencies (Noted as 'Automatic' on the feats tab), 2nd as a 1st
            lvl fighter you are proficient in Light, Medium, and Heavy Armor type
            (Again, notated with 'Automatic' on the feats tab.

            As of testing just now, this is functioning correctly (the display
            of 'Automatic').

            In teh Abilities Tab, the bottom 1/3 is devoted to the different
            proficiencies a character knows, listed as weapon types. This is,
            again, as it should be. The weapon proficiencies listed cover
            _every_ weapon that is listed in the the equipment tab... maening
            that just because you don't see Longbow (Mighty/Composite) in the
            proficiencies (on the ability tab) doesn't mean you are not
            proficient with it. In fact a lot of equipment shares proficiencies.

            Like dagger.. there's Dagger, Dagger (Masterwork), Dagger (Silvered),
            Dagger +x... every one of these Dagger types uses the Dagger
            Proficiency, so you will only see Dagger listed as a Proficiency on
            the Abilities tab... Then you' see All the above with 'Thrown' on
            them, and see Dagger (Thrown) in the proficiencies list...

            Make sense?

            Mynex

          • Christopher V. Skarp
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 30, 2001
              Here is proof! <eg>

              Select the campaign source "All D20 sources" and load it

              Make a dwarf, any alignment, Give him 1 level of fighter, then look at the feats tab... Not only are the armor feats not automatic, they're listed as not qualified....

              Weird... I created a centaur Monte Cook's ranger, and his armor feats were ok... :)

              - Chris

              orian2001@h... wrote:
              > > > So that's why I'm seeing more FEATS than normal. OK. So I have to

              go
              > > > get the Armor Profs?

              (Thanks)

              orian2001@h... wrote:
              > oh
              > show

              > > > missing

              or is this a bug? (This is the first time I've
              > noticed

              > of

              Crack-head) (again, sorry for that.)

              site hosting, just
              > > > $8.95/month.

              http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

              > > Do You
              Yahoo!?

              href="http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1">http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

              ---------------------~-->
              > Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95

              Refill any ink cartridge for less!
              > Includes black and color ink.

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/QzLWzD/MkNDAA/ySSFAA/9rHolB/TM
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Ratbearer
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 30, 2001
                In Ryan's defense, I do know what he is referring to. This happened
                once before in a previous build. I think it is a focus issue (or
                something like that).

                Sometimes, when coming from certain tabs (or maybe certain fields on
                certain tabs) and selecting the Feat tab, PCGen does not recognize
                the Auto feats and they are all tagged no. I've found that by
                switching from the Feat tab, to the Class tab and back to the Feat
                tab generally "corrects" the issue and the feats are tagged properly.

                It is a very sporadic bug, so it may be a bit tough to consistantly
                reproduce on any machine, but I have run into this issue a couple
                different times myself. But since the tab switching I mentioned
                previously "corrected" the issue, I hadn't been motivated to report
                the issue before now.

                Ratbearer

                --- In pcgen@y..., mynex2k1@y... wrote:

                > 1st off, as a 1st lvl fighter you get all simple and martial weapon
                > proficiencies (Noted as 'Automatic' on the feats tab), 2nd as a 1st
                > lvl fighter you are proficient in Light, Medium, and Heavy Armor
                type
                > (Again, notated with 'Automatic' on the feats tab.
                >
                > As of testing just now, this is functioning correctly (the display
                > of 'Automatic').
                >
                > In teh Abilities Tab, the bottom 1/3 is devoted to the different
                > proficiencies a character knows, listed as weapon types. This is,
                > again, as it should be. The weapon proficiencies listed cover
                > _every_ weapon that is listed in the the equipment tab... maening
                > that just because you don't see Longbow (Mighty/Composite) in the
                > proficiencies (on the ability tab) doesn't mean you are not
                > proficient with it. In fact a lot of equipment shares
                proficiencies.

                > Like dagger.. there's Dagger, Dagger (Masterwork), Dagger
                (Silvered),
                > Dagger +x... every one of these Dagger types uses the Dagger
                > Proficiency, so you will only see Dagger listed as a Proficiency on
                > the Abilities tab... Then you' see All the above with 'Thrown' on
                > them, and see Dagger (Thrown) in the proficiencies list...
                >
                > Make sense?
                >
                > Mynex
                >
                > --- In pcgen@y..., Phantom of Krankor <torcha.geo@y...> wrote:
                > >
                > > As a first-level fighter, you should have chosen one from the
                > > pop-up. Past that, you should have 1 feat to select (2 if you're
                > > human). You should see all of the Armor proficiency feats on the
                > > character sheet, though.
                > >
                > > -Greg G
                > >

                > > --- orian2001@h... wrote:
                > > > So that's why I'm seeing more FEATS than normal. OK. So I have
                > go
                > > > get the Armor Profs?
                > > >
                > > > (Thanks)

                > like
                > > > it
                > getting
                > > > the
                > profs
                > > > are
                > > > out.

                > oh
                > show

                > > > missing

                > noticed

                > of

                > > > $8.95/month.

                > > Yahoo! GeoCities - quick and easy web site hosting, just
                > $8.95/month.
                > > http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
              • Ryan Kafer
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 30, 2001
                  Yes it does, as that is how I remember seeing it, but for some reason I did
                  not see it when i was creating the character. I'll check again.

                  Thank you!

                  -Ryan

                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 30, 2001
                    OK, I just tried Ratbearer's suggestion and they are correct now.
                    THANK YOU!

                    http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp
                  • Christopher V. Skarp
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 30, 2001
                      You're right...Switch back to classes, then back to feats, and they show
                      up... Odd.... :)

                      - Chris

                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 30, 2001
                        I've seen that behavior before. Go to the class list, and click on
                        several different classes. Don't add levels, just click around. Now

                        -Greg G

                        http://shopping.yahoo.com