[pcgen] Re: Back on topic...

  • Scott Ellsworth
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2001
      >And While I do agree that M$ is the evil empire, and Bill 'Big Money
      >G' Gates should be slapped with a huge salami until near life, he
      >does have to pay all the people silly enough to work for him...
      >Don't think of it as 'giving back to M$ what they give to us' look at
      >it more as not paying the people who work there... different
      >perspective, and not nescessarily a pleasant one, but true...

      My solution - I use MacOS X. Still a for-pay OS, but one that does
      not need to have money sent to MS to function. (To be fair, work
      did buy a copy of Office, but my home life uses Mesa, OmniWeb,
      and TextEdit, and I am a happy human.

      How is this on-topic? PCGen works very well on X. I have not yet
      started using 2.3.1 yet, and expect there will be some bumps, but
      previous versions were very nice. I found in a technote how to
      have it understand application packages, so we will be able to
      pick a default browser, as soon as I can get that and the "clear
      default browser" item code written and checked in.

      Scott