Master Tools Update

  • loyalp@home.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2001
      http://boards.wizards.com/rpg-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?
      ubb=get_topic&f=133&t=000257&p=

      posted November 29, 2001 02:06 AM
      My apologies for the long silence; I have been checking the boards
      every day since they went down earlier in the month, and had not
      bothered to make sure my old bookmarks would still work until this
      morning.
      In my last message, I indicated that we would be making some official
      announcements about MasterTools in the near future. Here is what I
      can tell you as of today.

      MasterTools is officially on the schedule for 2002. We are targeting
      a first quarter release, but we do not have a firm date yet.

      WotC is trying to solidify our plans for the long term development of
      MasterTools beyond the first release. Ideally, we would like to
      announce what those plans will be before MasterTools itself goes on
      sale, so that everyone will know what the future plans for the line
      will be. For a variety of reasons, it now appears that concrete
      decisions about that issue will not be resolved until next year.

      The next major announcement I expect to be able to make is a
      confirmed SRP, and a confirmed release plan (possibly including a
      scheduled release date).

      I will continue to keep you all advised as to our progress.

      Ryan S. Dancey
      ryand@...