Stunning Attack...

  • Phantom of Krankor
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 29, 2001
      Would it be possible for the monk's Stunning Attack SA entry to show
      the # of times/day and DC?

      -Greg G

      http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
    • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 30, 2001
        Times per day, Yes - Just do it like Sneak attack with a VAR or just
        do SA:Stunning Attack %/day|1 when it advances. We're going to the
        VAR for everything for consistency and for multi-classes that add to
        it/check for it. I'm *not* voluteering to do it. I might when I
        finish the MM chapters. (at least a couple weeks away).

        Andrew

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 30, 2001
          OK, I've done this. I'll post it soon. Any ideas for getting the
          DC in? I've looked at using SPECIALS, and have noticed that the
          documentation is doesn't match the playershbclasses.lst. The note
          about the Barbarian's adjustment being 1, in particular.

          -Greg G

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 30, 2001
            Oh, one more thing. Is it possible to have two variables in an SA?

            -Greg G

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 30, 2001
              Nifty! By putting a level & modifier-based DEFINE on the 1st level
              line, the variable automatically gets updated!
              So, I've uploaded a new playershbclasses.lst with the monk's
              stunning attack/day and DC SA's.

              -Greg G

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 30, 2001
                Yeah, that bit of documentation is kinda old. But I don't do any
                coding, so I don't think it's my place to start messing with
                documentation. If I ever get as good as Mynex, I might consider it.
                besides, I don't have CVS working yet... (Might by tomorrow night).

                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 30, 2001
                  Not yet, they are working on it (or it's on the list: wait till after
                  the GUI update since that is where the bulk of the effort is
                  currently going. SUBSA might work for the DC..

                • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 30, 2001
                    As good as me? At what? *peer* you suckin up? Whatchoo talkin 'bout
                    willis?

                    ;p

                    Mynex

                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 30, 2001
                      Is that what SUBSA does? In any case, I just added a second SA for
                      the DC.

                      -Greg G

                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 30, 2001
                        Make a second SA, then when you change it, add a new SA, then SUBSA
                        the previous one. It removes the other SA.....
                        So SA:DC 10 SUBSA:DC 20 would change the SA:DC 10 to SA:DC 20...

                        Message 11 of 12 , Nov 30, 2001
                          I can't really use SUBSA this way, actually, becuase the DC is a
                          calculated value 10+WIS+((CL/2)MAX0). Fortunately, I only have to put
                          this at first level, and pcgen is kind enough to handle it for me from
                          there on.
                          (BTW, I uploaded the .lst file to the files section.)
                          -Greg G

                          http://shopping.yahoo.com
                        • Benjamin Pew
                          Message 12 of 12 , Dec 3 5:25 AM