looking for ne Mote Cook's stuff

  • Logan
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 25, 2001
      Ok I just found out that the new PCGen data did not have Monte Cooks
      new PC race The Litorians which can be found here
      http://www.montecook.com/arch_stuff6.html. I am thinking of place the
      race in our new game want to use PCGen when I make the charcter. So
      has anyone updated this data?

      Logan
    • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
        I just received permission from Monte. I'll have it ULed in a
        minute. Hopefully a CVSer will CVS it for the next release.

      • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
          We've actually had permission from Monte to put his stuff into
          PCGen, just not sure if we ever had an e-mail permission from
          him... Originally he did say no, then he actually tried PCGen and
          said okay.. I know I talked to him about it at GenCon this year,
          and he said that at first he was like 'No F'in way am I giving up my
          hard work, then apparantly someone sent him a detailed email about
          how PCGen works, and he went and tried it out... at least that's
          the gist of the conversation I got.. it was a *tad* busy at his
          table for some strange reason. ;p

          But I asked him if there were any other classes besides the Ranger
          he wanted to 'Tweak' and he said the Bard... something about their
          spells being more 'Bardy' than just a pale copy of sorcerer
          stuff... So maybe we'll see a Bard (Monte Cook) sometime soon. ;p

          I've got links of like 6 or 7 things besides the Ranger that Monte
          has done, if you want em. I know your jammin on the MM book.. but
          might be a welcome break to work on something 'Light' :)

          Mynex

        • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
            Well, I saw the post for it, got looked at it and saw it was easy to
            write, so I asked for permission since I haven't seen a "Ok" except
            for the Ranger. I actually had the file done prob. a day after the
            request for it. He was kewl, and even wanted a copy of the file,
            which I sent to him. He's probably my favorite RPG writer, so I
            wanted to get permission from him before just using it. I know it
            was on his website, but I couldn't figure out the OGC part, since he
            didn't state either way.

            Actually my first project is getting cygwin to work. I'd like to
            actually CVS my own stuff instead of going through Yahoo, and it
            would be really nice to DL the latest CVS files all at once instead
            of one at a time. I've got a Winmodem, so linux won't use it, so I'm
            stuck with windows for the time being.

            After that, it's MM...

            --- In pcgen@y..., mynex2k1@y... wrote:

            > We've actually had permission from Monte to put his stuff into
            > PCGen, just not sure if we ever had an e-mail permission from
            > him... Originally he did say no, then he actually tried PCGen and
            > said okay.. I know I talked to him about it at GenCon this year,
            > and he said that at first he was like 'No F'in way am I giving up
            my
            > hard work, then apparantly someone sent him a detailed email about
            > how PCGen works, and he went and tried it out... at least that's
            > the gist of the conversation I got.. it was a *tad* busy at his
            > table for some strange reason. ;p
            >
            > But I asked him if there were any other classes besides the Ranger
            > he wanted to 'Tweak' and he said the Bard... something about their
            > spells being more 'Bardy' than just a pale copy of sorcerer
            > stuff... So maybe we'll see a Bard (Monte Cook) sometime soon. ;p
            >
            > I've got links of like 6 or 7 things besides the Ranger that Monte
            > has done, if you want em. I know your jammin on the MM book.. but
            > might be a welcome break to work on something 'Light' :)
            >
            > Mynex
            >
            > --- In pcgen@y..., thoron-tir-gwaith@l... wrote:
            > > I just received permission from Monte. I'll have it ULed in a
            > > minute. Hopefully a CVSer will CVS it for the next release.
            > >
            > > --- In pcgen@y..., "Logan" <virtualmancer@y...> wrote:
            > > > Ok I just found out that the new PCGen data did not have Monte
            > > Cooks
            > > > new PC race The Litorians which can be found here
            > > > http://www.montecook.com/arch_stuff6.html. I am thinking of
            > place
            > > the
            > > > race in our new game want to use PCGen when I make the
            charcter.
            > So
            > > > has anyone updated this data?
            > > >
            > > > Logan
          • Logan
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
              After downloading the file, where exactly do extract the file? Which
              folder?

            • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 3, 2001
                ahh, sorry.
                Add it to data/web/montecook/montecookweb.pcc
                add the following line to: data/web/montecook/montecookweb.pcc
                RACE:montecookwebrace.lst

                Then Load the "Monte Cook - Web Enhancements" Campaign and you should
                be good to go.

                Andrew