RE: [pcgen] Bug: Str bonus not added to Thrown weapons

  • David Cortijo
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2001
      Ranged weapons always use DEX to determine the bonus to hit - even if thrown.  STR only applies to damage.

      Dave
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2001
        I fixed a couple of errors/oversights with the Fighter Feat designation:

        1) Technically, the Fighter designation needs to NOT include Weapon Specialization - many classes with the ability to add a bonus fighter feat do not allow Weapon Specialization to be chosen.  Removed the Fighter designation from Weapon Specialization.
        2) Changed tags to allow Weapon Specialization for some of these classes (but not all) as per the class descriptions.
        3) Changed some of the other class list files to list the Feat selection using the new Type=Fighter option.

        I uploaded the updated list files as Fighter.zip.  The FRclassskill.lst file hasn't been incorporated into the public release yet, but it's needed to get closer to full functionality on the FR Prestige Classes - that's also in Campaign+Central.

        Also, could the owners of the older zip files in the Campaign+Central directory PLEASE delete out of date files.  If not, I will start asking Bryan for permission to delete them myself after a couple of weeks (or they're included in the public LST file release).  The files waste space, increase load times, and can be very confusing overall.  Removing them would be greatly appreciated.

        Dave
      • mocha@mcs.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2001
          I think I did include the frclassskill.lst file in last night's
          release. I'll download your Fighter.zip (involves changes to
          phbfeat.lst and phbclass.lst I presume? possibly same fr files? I'll
          take a look).
          I think my public release lst.zip has everything from greyhawk, fr,
          sf and starwars. I don't have magic or al'qadim - we should keep
          those around so people can download them, but anything that's been
          incorporated into my release should be deleted.

          -Bryan

        • skasi_2000@yahoo.de
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1, 2001
            Only a strength penalty does apply to damage rolls for ranged
            weapons. (see PHB, p. 8)

            skasi

            --- In pcgen@y..., "David Cortijo" <dcortijo@i...> wrote:
            > Ranged weapons always use DEX to determine the bonus to hit - even
            if
            > thrown. STR only applies to damage.
            >
            > Dave

            Service.
          • skasi_2000@yahoo.de
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 1, 2001
              A strength penalty does apply to damage rolls only for slings and
              bows. Sorry for my mistake.

              skasi