Re: Chat and PCGen release 28Feb01

  • mocha@mcs.net
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1 7:04 AM
      I was surprised that the yahoochat didn't make transcripts possible.
      It's obviously easy to do if you go to a regular chat room - even
      using mIrc or what-have-you. The only problem with some chat servers
      is that not everyone can access them. Does anyone know of a chat
      place we could meet for next time where a transcript could be made?
      I'm open to suggestions.

      -Bryan

    • mocha@mcs.net
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 1 7:06 AM
        Well, to use PCGen you have to have java, so having java isn't a bad
        requirement for a chat plugin. I used to have mIrc (I've changed
        machines since then and I don't think I've downloaded it again),
        which was pretty easy to use. We'd still have to find a server. I
        assume that's true with chatspace as well.

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., "Richard & Sarah" <OdGregg@b...> wrote:
        > Not everyone has or wants Java, but there you go :-)
        >
        > At least IRC would mean we could choose our own client. Is there a
        web based IRC interface that allows you to choose your own group.

        > -Richard

        Service.

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Service.
      • mocha@mcs.net
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 1 7:13 AM
          Don't we also need to have a server we meet on? It's all well and
          good if we have our IRC clients (or chatspace), but if we don't know
          *where* to meet, it doesn't do us a whole lot of good. Any
          suggestions?

          -Bryan

          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 1 7:58 AM
            You might look into AOL. I no longer have an account there, but I believe
            they make their chat software available.
            I will check ATT--they have some kind of chat/chatroom feature.

            Ernie Moulton
            E-Mail Administrator **
            ACS / HQ USAREC
            502 626-1664 FAX 502 626-0994
            mailto:moulton@...

            I was surprised that the yahoochat didn't make transcripts possible.
            It's obviously easy to do if you go to a regular chat room - even
            using mIrc or what-have-you. The only problem with some chat servers
            is that not everyone can access them. Does anyone know of a chat
            place we could meet for next time where a transcript could be made?
            I'm open to suggestions.

            -Bryan

            --- In pcgen@y..., Lonestar <Lonestar@l...> wrote:
            > mmn> Thanks to all who participated in tonight's chat! I tried to
            make a
            > mmn> transcript, however I couldn't select the text in order to
            copy it.
            > mmn> Does anyone know how to do that for future chats?
            >
            > We should use IRC the next time ;)
            >

            > Lonestar mailto:Lonestar@l...

          • Damian
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 1 8:31 AM
              nope.  chatspace is a very small program but what you download IS the server.  the client is just a tiny java plug.
              Well, to use PCGen you have to have java, so having java isn't a bad
              requirement for a chat plugin. I used to have mIrc (I've changed
              machines since then and I don't think I've downloaded it again),
              which was pretty easy to use.  We'd still have to find a server. I
              assume that's true with chatspace as well.

              -Bryan

              --- In pcgen@y..., "Richard & Sarah" <OdGregg@b...> wrote:
              > Not everyone has or wants Java, but there you go :-)
              >
              > At least IRC would mean we could choose our own client. Is there a
              web based IRC interface that allows you to choose your own group.

              > -Richard

              Service.

              >         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              Service.