Re: rangers and enemies

  • mocha@mcs.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2001
      It does seem like things have come along nicely. I've decided that
      I want to convert PCGen to using JAR files so people on other
      platforms can join the fun. I just got a Red Hat request yestrday
      and I've had several Mac-fans email me as well. On the other hand,
      it would be fun to get all the Star Wars and Prestige classes
      working - and fix the minor bugs that are continually being found.
      So where do I stop and convert? I did a lot of poking around today,
      and converting the GUI is going to be a pain. Luckily most of
      my rules-logic is in other code files that will be easy to convert.
      The end product will look very similar to what it looks like now -
      so a lot of work for no feature adds, simply a wider audience base.
      The problem is that the more bugs I fix the more I'll add
      (potentially) to the amount of time it will take me to convert!
      Ah well, it's been a lot of fun so far and I'm thrilled that so
      many people have found it so useful. I'd quit my day job just to
      work on this if I could - but then it couldn't be free - not to
      mention that my wife would probably have some things to say
      about that... ;)
      Heh - I'm just rambling. Back to coding! I'm adding a lot of
      BONUS: stuff to Feats (saves, hp, init, reputation, defense,
      ac, to-hit, damage, etc.) Sounds like I need to add the same
      sort of options to the classes as well which would be fairly
      easy. Okay, okay! Back to coding!

      -Bryan