rangers and enemies

  • Caleb Chaplin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2001
      Just a quick post here. I noticed that rangers seem no longer able
      to specify a particular enemy. It's been a while since I checked but
      a while back I think it was possible to specify a particular
      monster. That is, one can choose Humanoid Type but nothing beyond
      that (say, Orcs).

      By the way, great progress is being made in PCGen I'm glad to see
      things steam-rolling ahead full tilt. Also, thanks very much for
      clearing things up with the feats :)

      Caleb
    • mocha@mcs.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2001
        It does seem like things have come along nicely. I've decided that
        I want to convert PCGen to using JAR files so people on other
        platforms can join the fun. I just got a Red Hat request yestrday
        and I've had several Mac-fans email me as well. On the other hand,
        it would be fun to get all the Star Wars and Prestige classes
        working - and fix the minor bugs that are continually being found.
        So where do I stop and convert? I did a lot of poking around today,
        and converting the GUI is going to be a pain. Luckily most of
        my rules-logic is in other code files that will be easy to convert.
        The end product will look very similar to what it looks like now -
        so a lot of work for no feature adds, simply a wider audience base.
        The problem is that the more bugs I fix the more I'll add
        (potentially) to the amount of time it will take me to convert!
        Ah well, it's been a lot of fun so far and I'm thrilled that so
        many people have found it so useful. I'd quit my day job just to
        work on this if I could - but then it couldn't be free - not to
        mention that my wife would probably have some things to say
        about that... ;)
        Heh - I'm just rambling. Back to coding! I'm adding a lot of
        BONUS: stuff to Feats (saves, hp, init, reputation, defense,
        ac, to-hit, damage, etc.) Sounds like I need to add the same
        sort of options to the classes as well which would be fairly
        easy. Okay, okay! Back to coding!

        -Bryan