Re: Feature Ideas

  • mocha@mcs.net
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 28, 2001
      I think what has been suggested is using the effect-type tag unless
      (or until...) I add in a hook where you can put descriptions in a
      file of your choosing and grab the descriptions from there and dump
      it out with a DESCRIPTION tag.

      -Bryan

      --- In pcgen@y..., Lonestar <Lonestar@l...> wrote:
      > zpc> If we put to much more information, except for the one line
      > zpc> descriptions maybe, we could get into trouble over copyright
      issues,
      > zpc> because you wouldn't need to go buy the items. They(WOC)
      wouldn't

    • zebuleon@peoplepc.com
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 28, 2001
        --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
        > I think what has been suggested is using the effect-type tag unless
        > (or until...) I add in a hook where you can put descriptions in a
        > file of your choosing and grab the descriptions from there and dump
        > it out with a DESCRIPTION tag.
        >
        > -Bryan

        I don't understand, I thought the DESCRIPTOR tag was working, was it a
        waste for me to go through and add all those tags to the spells if
        your not going to use them? I'm not mad or anything but you should
        have told me to put them in the effect_type spot instead.

        For the R&R spells should I move the descriptor information to the
        effect_type spot or leave it with the Descriptor tag?

        Mario
      • Moulton, Ernie Mr USAREC
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 28, 2001
          Well, I havent left yet. On line with USAA. They will do the truck at 10%

          We will have papers by Friday, to FedEx back
          Love,

          Ernie Moulton
          E-Mail Administrator **
          ACS / HQ USAREC
          502 626-1664 FAX 502 626-0994
          mailto:moulton@...

          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 28, 2001
            OOOPs.

            Ernie Moulton
            E-Mail Administrator **
            ACS / HQ USAREC
            502 626-1664 FAX 502 626-0994
            mailto:moulton@...

          • john.sussenberger@libertymutual.com
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 28, 2001
              Ernie,

              I didn't know you cared ;)

              P.S. don't tell my wife :-0

              -John-

              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 28, 2001
                I said DESCRIPTION tag, not DESCRIPTOR. :) I can see how you'd be
                confused.
                DESCRIPTION is a tag I want to make work for all objects. the
                DESCRIPTOR tag is intended to be kind of an alternate-school
                capability for spells. If you don't want to use it this way, and
                since (I think, anyway, I'd have to check to be sure) you can output
                the DESCRIPTOR tag for spells, you haven't wasted your time.
                So, yes, the DESCRIPTOR tag is working (at least I haven't heard that
                it isn't...)

                -Bryan

              • zebuleon@peoplepc.com
                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 28, 2001