Monk Armour Class on CSHEET

  • Micheal@BusinessCraft.Com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27, 2001
      I have a 1st level Human Monk wearing leather armour (+2) with a dex
      of 17 (+3) and a wis of 16 (+3) so his AC should be 18.
      BUT |TOTALAC|only prints 15. (has it left off the Wis Bonus?)
      |ACMOD| only shows +3 but |ACABILITYMOD| shows +6
    • Sussenberger, John
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 27, 2001
        Umm, Monks lose their Wisdom bonus to AC when wearing armor:

        From the d20 SRD:

            When wearing armor, a monk loses her AC bonus for Wisdom, AC bonus for class and level, favorable multiple unarmed attacks per round, and heightened movement. Furthermore, her special abilities all face the arcane spell failure chance that the armor type normally imposes.

        So bail the armor man, your AC is better without it :)

        -John-

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 27, 2001
          THANKS,

          I hadn't read that bit

          -Micheal

          --- In pcgen@y..., "Sussenberger, John" <john.sussenberger@l...>
          wrote:
          > Umm, Monks lose their Wisdom bonus to AC when wearing armor:
          >
          > From the d20 SRD:
          >
          > When wearing armor, a monk loses her AC bonus for Wisdom, AC
          bonus for
          > class and level, favorable multiple unarmed attacks per round, and
          > heightened movement. Furthermore, her special abilities all face
          the arcane
          > spell failure chance that the armor type normally imposes.
          >
          > So bail the armor man, your AC is better without it :)
          >
          > -John-

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=179201.1342935.2933264.2/D=egroupmail/S=1700000
          001:N/
          > A=585625/*http://www.egghead.com/promos/powerpromo.htm?