Re: [pcgen] Re: Listing races with Mythic Races included, blanking bug

  • Arcady
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 2, 2001
      Simply make your own .pcc file.

      If you want an example of a 'very cluttered' pcc file... look
      at mine. :)

      Mine is built so that it's the only campaign I load (though
      it's out of date a bit since so many books hit the shelves in
      the last 2 months).

      You can also just take the phb.pcc file and copy it to your
      own name, then change it so it loads only your files. Then
      your changes become one of the options on the menu.

      The obvious advantage here is that you can update to hearts
      desire without any risk of an overwrite.

      There's a bit of talk on this process in Customize.html as
      well:

      http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/pcgen/doc/doc/Customise.html?rev=1.75&content-type=text/html

      --- Todd Roemmich <vrodaire@...> wrote:

      > > Sounds like you hadn't updated in a while; which could
      > easily
      > > cause the issue.
      > >
      > > If you update the app you should always update your lst
      > files
      > > at the same time. Vice Versa as well.
      >
      > Yep, exactly true. I had made some changes to .lst files,
      > and I
      > didn't want them overwritten. I wanted to make my own
      > campaign...
      > but when I did, I couldn't see how to get it on the list of
      > campaigns
      > to choose from (so was updating existing ones instead...
      > which
      > obviously get overwritten on an upgrade).
      >
      > Can you tell me how to get what I desire? (I had made a
      > directory
      > with appropriate files, but how do I make it appear in the
      > list of
      > campaigns that appear after I start up PCGen? )
      >
      > Thanks,
      > TR

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Find a job, post your resume.