Inertail Armor and a few other points about bonus type tag was Re: [pcgen] 2.2.2 Psionic things...

  • Rodney Cherry
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2001
      We never got anywhere the last time this went around.
      The Inertial Armor says it does not stack with the armor bonus provided by
      shields or regular armor, that is to say; the mundane AC score. I dont know
      how they implemented the bonus stack thing in pcgen code. Buyt the bonus ac
      type for Inertial Armor should be type=armor..

      Which comes to another point, All the lst files for magic armor need redone.
      AC tag should be just like in the standard armor lst files. Magic armor and
      shields should have BONUS|AC|TYPE (whatever the syntax is supposed to be)
      tag to show their magical ac bonuses..
      The 'standard' magical armor and shields like 'standard' magic weapons
      (chainmail+2, or longsword +1) should have their bonus stack
      type=Enhancement.
      It will tell you in the items desciption in its source book if it is for
      something else.

      Which comes to another point about the bonus stack lst file.
      From pages 176 and 177 of the DMG:
      "Different named bonus types all stack, but usually a named bonus does not
      stack with another bonus of the same name (except for enhancement bonuses
      from armor and shields, enhancement bonuses to ranged weapons and their
      ammunition, dodge bonuses, synergy bonuses, and some circumstance bonuses)."
      The 'morale' entry needs removes from bonusstacks.lst. 'dodge' and
      'circumstance' are in there and that is correct but you need to add
      'enhancement' and 'synergy'. For whatever resource caused 'morale' to be
      added to the lst file it was an exception to the rule not the norm.

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2001
        Heh - I just posted a very similar response about the need to look at
        the BONUS: tags now that you can specify a type. ;)

        -Bryan