Re: CVS all over the Tree structure

  • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 1, 2001
      You don't. :(

      As for them in the lst zip file, that is put together by whoever does
      the releases (bryan), and I *believe* that there is a way to exlude
      empty dirs (as magic, familiars, and couple others) are not present,
      as well as a way to exclude the cvs folders.

      So unless Bryan assigns one person as the "Officail Release" maestro,
      there really isn't anything you can do on it.

      Bryan, maybe you should assign one person to do the official releases
      on wednesday nights. have all checkins of code/lst files in by 8pm
      (whatever time zone), so that it can be released between 9-10pm...
      one less thing for you to do.

      Mynex

    • merton_monk@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 1, 2001
        How odd - are those directories empty? Maybe my version of winzip
        doesn't expand directories if they're empty, so I don't see them.
        Hmmm...

        -Bryan

      • merton_monk@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 1, 2001
          I'll probably get to that point, but so far I like to take the time
          to sync a new work area, run all the testsuites, prepare the release
          notes and then perform the release. Takes me between 30-60 minutes.
          I'll probably give that duty up at some point, but not yet... I may
          have to use something other than winzip to keep from zipping up empty
          directories - either that or change how I'm zipping them up.

          -Bryan

        • bd_92@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 1, 2001
            Got them in my version of winzip..it's the latest one out there...

          • bd_92@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 1, 2001
              Is there an option in winzip not to include in empty dir's?

            • STILES, BRAD
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 2, 2001

                The WinZip people also have a command line version of the program that
                includes parameters that allow you to include or exclude a list of files.
                You put the list of files to include or exclude in a separate file, then
                provide that filename as a parameter.

                Are you doing the compile on your machine? If so, you could add a step to
                use XCOPY, which has options to exclude empty directories, to copy the files
                to another area of your hard drive, then do the build. A bit kludgy, I
                know, but it would work.

                Brad