2.2.2 Psionic things...

  • Erik K. Rutins
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
      >>Hmmm... not currently supported. Needs to be added to our FREQ list.

      Thanks, I'll be delighted if this is supported in the future.

      >>If you mark it as equipped it meet the criteria of being near you and
      should give you the bonus - so putting in the BONUS:CHECKS|Will|2 to
      that item is fine by me.

      Great! There are other psicrystal abilities as well, mainly skill and
      save improvements and the feat Improved Psicrystal lets you tack on
      additional ones, though I think that's just as easy to represent by
      adding another equipped Psicrystal to the character's inventory.

      >> 3. Inertial armor still gives no bonus.
      >>I think I recall the arguments about the inertial armor - could you
      summarize it for me?

      Fundamentally, Inertial Armor gives a psionic character a +4 Armor Bonus
      as long as they have at least one Power Point in reserve. In my
      experience playing such characters, it is a very rare occurrence. In
      effect, you either have to be in a psionic duel that drains you of power
      or you have to deliberately choose to spend that last power point. It's
      effectively the same, in my opinion, as deciding to remove your armor.
      I would find it much more convenient to have the effects of this Psionic
      Feat represented as the default armor class, since the instances where
      it is not active during game time are few and far between.

      >>We tend to only try to represent 'permanent' modifiers as opposed to
      'situational' modifiers, though we have recently discussed how to
      include situational modifiers for character sheet generation purposes.

      Understood, but to a degree everything is situational. In this case,
      the situation in which one's Inertial Armor is not functioning is very
      rare compared to when it is. It's just another manual edit to the
      character sheet that I'd love to have PCGen handle automatically.
      Unlike a Mage Armor spell, which has to be cast, Inertial Armor is "on"
      by default once the feat is taken.

      Regards,

      - Erik
    • Benjamin Pew
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
        Important note: The AC bonus from Inertial Armor is a Armor bonus, so if
        you're wearing armor, the two bonuses don't stack. Just to make sure it's
        done correctly.

      • merton_monk@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
          Good point - maybe we should adjust the armor equipment to use
          BONUS:COMBAT|AC|x|TYPE=Armor. Magical armor should have a second
          BONUS: tag to indicate the enchantment bonus...
          BONUS:COMBAT|AC|TYPE=Enchantment, and the like. Then inertial armor
          could have BONUS:COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=Armor and PCGen would then
          correctly get the max value for all bonuses of that type and not
          stack them (unless someone decided to add Armor to the
          bonusstacks.lst file). I know mynex loves it when I mention largish
          changes to the lst files... ;) magical weapons should also have their
          BONUS: tags use a TYPE= parameter as well - just about all BONUS:
          tags should be looked at to see if they require some kind of TYPE tag.

          -Bryan

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
            well, once the enhancements.lst file is created/functional, it could
            be added to equipment/feats/skills list files as a bonus tag. I
            don't mind having to go through and do the list files again for
            something like this, as in, getting something to work right. ;p

            Mynex