Re: CVS all over the Tree structure

  • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 1, 2001
      yes. these same dirs appear every release. It seems to be in the
      2.x.xlst zip...

      mynex

      > Sometimes I mistakenly include those in releases. I think I've
      been
      > fairly good the last few to *not* include any CVS directories...
      did

    • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 1, 2001
        yes and no... yes they can be deleted, but no, not by anyone other
        than a sysadmin at source forge. And he is very slow to respond to
        such requests. I sent one in a while back to clean up DM and even
        said, 'if you're not the right person, who is" kinda deal. that was
        3 weeks ago (or maybe 4, forget)

        If there is another way, I have not yet found it. This seems to be
        true for source forge though, as there is a bash command to remove
        dirs, but it doesn't work there.

        Mynex

      • bd_92@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 1, 2001
          all these dir's are in 2.2.2

        • bd_92@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 1, 2001
            --- In pcgen@y..., mynex2k1@y... wrote:

            > yes and no... yes they can be deleted, but no, not by anyone other
            > than a sysadmin at source forge. And he is very slow to respond to
            > such requests. I sent one in a while back to clean up DM and even
            > said, 'if you're not the right person, who is" kinda deal. that
            was
            > 3 weeks ago (or maybe 4, forget)

            so how do we get rid of it? Any other files that appear in the
            installs that we can remove or clean up any? I am volunteering here
            (god i hope i am not going to regret this...) so let me know if there
            is anything i can do..
          • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 1, 2001
              You don't. :(

              As for them in the lst zip file, that is put together by whoever does
              the releases (bryan), and I *believe* that there is a way to exlude
              empty dirs (as magic, familiars, and couple others) are not present,
              as well as a way to exclude the cvs folders.

              So unless Bryan assigns one person as the "Officail Release" maestro,
              there really isn't anything you can do on it.

              Bryan, maybe you should assign one person to do the official releases
              on wednesday nights. have all checkins of code/lst files in by 8pm
              (whatever time zone), so that it can be released between 9-10pm...
              one less thing for you to do.

              Mynex

            • merton_monk@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 1, 2001
                How odd - are those directories empty? Maybe my version of winzip
                doesn't expand directories if they're empty, so I don't see them.
                Hmmm...

                -Bryan

              • merton_monk@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 1, 2001
                  I'll probably get to that point, but so far I like to take the time
                  to sync a new work area, run all the testsuites, prepare the release
                  notes and then perform the release. Takes me between 30-60 minutes.
                  I'll probably give that duty up at some point, but not yet... I may
                  have to use something other than winzip to keep from zipping up empty
                  directories - either that or change how I'm zipping them up.

                  -Bryan

                • bd_92@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 1, 2001
                    Got them in my version of winzip..it's the latest one out there...

                  • bd_92@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 1, 2001
                      Is there an option in winzip not to include in empty dir's?

                    • STILES, BRAD
                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 2, 2001

                        The WinZip people also have a command line version of the program that
                        includes parameters that allow you to include or exclude a list of files.
                        You put the list of files to include or exclude in a separate file, then
                        provide that filename as a parameter.

                        Are you doing the compile on your machine? If so, you could add a step to
                        use XCOPY, which has options to exclude empty directories, to copy the files
                        to another area of your hard drive, then do the build. A bit kludgy, I
                        know, but it would work.

                        Brad