Re: [pcgen] Re: CVS all over the Tree structure

  • Arcady
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 1, 2001
      Do we ever plan to delete some of the blank directories that
      are up there in CVS? :)

      Is it possible to do?

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 1, 2001
        yes. these same dirs appear every release. It seems to be in the
        2.x.xlst zip...

        mynex

      • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 1, 2001
          yes and no... yes they can be deleted, but no, not by anyone other
          than a sysadmin at source forge. And he is very slow to respond to
          such requests. I sent one in a while back to clean up DM and even
          said, 'if you're not the right person, who is" kinda deal. that was
          3 weeks ago (or maybe 4, forget)

          If there is another way, I have not yet found it. This seems to be
          true for source forge though, as there is a bash command to remove
          dirs, but it doesn't work there.

          Mynex

        • bd_92@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 1, 2001
            all these dir's are in 2.2.2

          • bd_92@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 1, 2001
              --- In pcgen@y..., mynex2k1@y... wrote:

              > yes and no... yes they can be deleted, but no, not by anyone other
              > than a sysadmin at source forge. And he is very slow to respond to
              > such requests. I sent one in a while back to clean up DM and even
              > said, 'if you're not the right person, who is" kinda deal. that
              was
              > 3 weeks ago (or maybe 4, forget)

              so how do we get rid of it? Any other files that appear in the
              installs that we can remove or clean up any? I am volunteering here
              (god i hope i am not going to regret this...) so let me know if there
              is anything i can do..
            • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 1, 2001
                You don't. :(

                As for them in the lst zip file, that is put together by whoever does
                the releases (bryan), and I *believe* that there is a way to exlude
                empty dirs (as magic, familiars, and couple others) are not present,
                as well as a way to exclude the cvs folders.

                So unless Bryan assigns one person as the "Officail Release" maestro,
                there really isn't anything you can do on it.

                Bryan, maybe you should assign one person to do the official releases
                on wednesday nights. have all checkins of code/lst files in by 8pm
                (whatever time zone), so that it can be released between 9-10pm...
                one less thing for you to do.

                Mynex

              • merton_monk@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 1, 2001
                  How odd - are those directories empty? Maybe my version of winzip
                  doesn't expand directories if they're empty, so I don't see them.
                  Hmmm...

                  -Bryan

                • merton_monk@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 1, 2001
                    I'll probably get to that point, but so far I like to take the time
                    to sync a new work area, run all the testsuites, prepare the release
                    notes and then perform the release. Takes me between 30-60 minutes.
                    I'll probably give that duty up at some point, but not yet... I may
                    have to use something other than winzip to keep from zipping up empty
                    directories - either that or change how I'm zipping them up.

                    -Bryan

                  • bd_92@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 1, 2001
                      Got them in my version of winzip..it's the latest one out there...

                    • bd_92@yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 1, 2001
                        Is there an option in winzip not to include in empty dir's?

                      • STILES, BRAD
                        Message 11 of 14 , Nov 2, 2001

                          The WinZip people also have a command line version of the program that
                          includes parameters that allow you to include or exclude a list of files.
                          You put the list of files to include or exclude in a separate file, then
                          provide that filename as a parameter.

                          Are you doing the compile on your machine? If so, you could add a step to
                          use XCOPY, which has options to exclude empty directories, to copy the files
                          to another area of your hard drive, then do the build. A bit kludgy, I
                          know, but it would work.

                          Brad