2.2.2 Issues

  • Erik K. Rutins
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2001
      Gentlemen,

      Just downloaded and tried 2.2.2 for a Monk/Psion that I frequently play.
      There's been steady improvement in handling a variety of things related
      to this character, but I'm still seeing a few problems/feature requests.

      1. The item Monk's Tattoos, from MoF, when "equipped" should allow the
      character to use the AC bonus, Unarmed Attack Damage and Base Move of a
      monk 4 levels higher than the actual class level.

      2. I've got a PsiCrystal (Resolve). It should grant a +2 bonus to Will
      Saves as long as it is anywhere near the Psion. I mark it as carried
      and equipped but it gives no bonus on the character sheet.

      3. Inertial armor still gives no bonus.

      Now, I've heard in the past arguments against #2 and #3. They go along
      the lines of: What if you break your psicrystal? What if you hit 0 power
      points? As a player, I can tell you that 99.9% of the time, neither of
      these things happens. I would rather implement the positive than the
      exception case. My character sheet is a reference and it should have a
      representation of my character in good shape as a default. Otherwise,
      what if you lose that cloak, drop that ring, don't have your armor on
      when the party is ambushed at night, etc. All of these are as likely,
      but are treated differently. Please implement the psicrystal bonuses
      and implement Inertial Armor as "on" by default. Keep up the good work!

      Best Regards,

      - Erik
    • merton_monk@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2001
        --- In pcgen@y..., "Erik K. Rutins" <erik@r...> wrote:
        > Gentlemen,
        >
        > Just downloaded and tried 2.2.2 for a Monk/Psion that I frequently
        play.
        > There's been steady improvement in handling a variety of things
        related
        > to this character, but I'm still seeing a few problems/feature
        requests.

        > 1. The item Monk's Tattoos, from MoF, when "equipped" should allow
        the
        > character to use the AC bonus, Unarmed Attack Damage and Base Move
        of a
        > monk 4 levels higher than the actual class level.

        Hmmm... not currently supported. Needs to be added to our FREQ list.

        > 2. I've got a PsiCrystal (Resolve). It should grant a +2 bonus to
        Will
        > Saves as long as it is anywhere near the Psion. I mark it as
        carried
        > and equipped but it gives no bonus on the character sheet.

        If you mark it as equipped it meet the criteria of being near you and
        should give you the bonus - so putting in the BONUS:CHECKS|Will|2 to
        that item is fine by me.

        > 3. Inertial armor still gives no bonus.

        I think I recall the arguments about the inertial armor - could you
        summarize it for me?

        We tend to only try to represent 'permanent' modifiers as opposed to
        'situational' modifiers, though we have recently discussed how to
        include situational modifiers for character sheet generation purposes.

        -Bryan