[BUG?] Stunning Fist as virtual feat

  • Rob Headlam
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
      Just a quick one:

      Can someone let me know why when creating a 1st level monk Stunning Fist is
      given automatically as a Virtual feat, despite the fact it has a Pre-Req of
      ATT=8 (which a 1st level monk won't have)? (All stats 10, except Dex =13
      and Wis =13)

      Mingral
    • Phantom of Krankor
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
        That's what Virtual Feats are. You don't have to meet the pre-reqs.
        If you look in the description of the Feat in the PHB, it will say
        something like "Monks get this feat even if they don't meet the
        pre-requisites."

        -Greg G

        --- Rob Headlam <rob@...> wrote:
        > Just a quick one:
        >
        > Can someone let me know why when creating a 1st level monk Stunning
        > Fist is
        > given automatically as a Virtual feat, despite the fact it has a
        > Pre-Req of
        > ATT=8 (which a 1st level monk won't have)? (All stats 10, except Dex
        > =13
        > and Wis =13)
        >
        > Mingral

        http://personals.yahoo.com
      • Rob Headlam
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2001
          Ah, my bad. I hadn't realised that the prog had been set up to show a monk
          as having both Stunning Attack (as a Special Ability) and Stunning Fist (as
          a Virtual Feat), despite the fact that they are both effectively the same
          ability.

          Mingral

          Message: 2
          Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 09:43:30 -0800 (PST)
          From: Phantom of Krankor <torcha.geo@...>
          Subject: Re: [BUG?] Stunning Fist as virtual feat

          --- Rob Headlam <rob@...> wrote:
          > Just a quick one:
          >
          > Can someone let me know why when creating a 1st level monk Stunning
          > Fist is
          > given automatically as a Virtual feat, despite the fact it has a
          > Pre-Req of
          > ATT=8 (which a 1st level monk won't have)? (All stats 10, except Dex
          > =13
          > and Wis =13)
          >
          > Mingral

        • Ratbearer
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2001
            The reason this has to be done is that the Monk's Stunning Attack
            ability allows him to qualify for feats/classes/etc that
            require "Stunning Fist" as a prerequisite. Including it as a Virtual
            Feat is the best way to represent that fact.

            Ratbearer