Other Saving Throws?

  • Phantom of Krankor
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2001
      The system that I'm implementing has other types of saving throws,
      Fear, Horror and Madness. Two of them are basically Will saves, but
      the other is a Fort save with a WIS modifier.
      Is there any way I can implement these? [I assume that I'll have to
      modify the character sheet format to include them, too.]

      -Greg G

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • merton_monk@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2001
        The closest you could come now is to have DEFINE:FORTMOD|WIS-CON and
        then add to your character sheet "Fortititude Check mod to turn it
        into a Madness Check" since the only difference between the two is
        subtracting your CON bonus and adding in a WIS bonus.

        We are planning on adding the ability to handle any number of stats,
        and adding support for additional checks would be nice too.

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., Phantom of Krankor <torcha.geo@y...> wrote:

        > The system that I'm implementing has other types of saving
        throws,
        > Fear, Horror and Madness. Two of them are basically Will saves, but
        > the other is a Fort save with a WIS modifier.
        > Is there any way I can implement these? [I assume that I'll
        have to
        > modify the character sheet format to include them, too.]
        >
        > -Greg G

        > http://personals.yahoo.com
      • Phantom of Krankor
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2001
          But if I do that, won't I lose my regular Fort save? That would be
          bad. :)
          Hmmm. I guess I could define a variable, but that seems like too
          much effort, since I'd have to define it all over the place.
          If you could add support for more saving throws as an FREQ, that'd
          do quite nicely.

          -Greg G

          --- merton_monk@... wrote:
          > The closest you could come now is to have DEFINE:FORTMOD|WIS-CON and
          > then add to your character sheet "Fortititude Check mod to turn it
          > into a Madness Check" since the only difference between the two is
          > subtracting your CON bonus and adding in a WIS bonus.
          >
          > We are planning on adding the ability to handle any number of stats,
          > and adding support for additional checks would be nice too.
          >
          > -Bryan
          >
          > --- In pcgen@y..., Phantom of Krankor <torcha.geo@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > The system that I'm implementing has other types of saving
          > throws,
          > > Fear, Horror and Madness. Two of them are basically Will saves,
          > but
          > > the other is a Fort save with a WIS modifier.
          > > Is there any way I can implement these? [I assume that I'll
          > have to
          > > modify the character sheet format to include them, too.]
          > >
          > > -Greg G

          > > http://personals.yahoo.com

          http://personals.yahoo.com
        • Mark Hulsman
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2001
            > The system that I'm implementing has other types of saving
            throws,
            > Fear, Horror and Madness. Two of them are basically Will saves, but
            > the other is a Fort save with a WIS modifier.
            > Is there any way I can implement these? [I assume that I'll
            have to
            > modify the character sheet format to include them, too.]

            I would simply print them out on the character sheet. The last one
            would print out as Fort - Con mod + Wis Mod.
          • Phantom of Krankor
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 1, 2001
              That's essentially what I'm doing. I'm actually just adding
              STAT4.MOD+FORTITUDE.BASE No subtraction required. :)

              Can you shed any light on my variable problem from my other post?

              Thanks.

              -Greg G

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 1, 2001
                Except that it doesn't look like doing math in the HTML works.
                I've tried a bunch of variations of pipes and parens.

                -Greg G