Nested For Loops

  • Mark Hulsman
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2001
      I just finished writing most of the code for Nested for loop
      support. It works incredibly well. I throughly tested it with the
      testcases and they all work just fine with the csheets using the old
      loops. And I also tested multiple nested loops and they all work
      great. So this is pretty much done for the next release except for
      one little thing. I couldn't figure out how to have it replace %var
      with the value of it in the loop. I found the right section of code
      to work on in getVariableValue(), but the way it was looking at the
      %s to replace them with number confused me a lot. Maybe its just
      because its 3 in the morning and I'm tired, so I'll look at it some
      more tommorrow. If anyone is familiar with that part of the code
      feel free to make the changes to allow %var. I already created a
      hashmap to store the values and put the values in there.

      I know I said I wasn't going to check the changes in until after all
      the developers had a chance to look at them, but it worked so
      perfectly the first time I tested it and every time I tested every
      combination that I could think of that I went ahead and checked in my
      changes. I mean I expected at least a few bugs when I first
      compiled, but my way of doing it was so well planned out that it
      worked right away.
    • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 31, 2001
        > I know I said I wasn't going to check the changes in until after
        all
        > the developers had a chance to look at them, but it worked so
        > perfectly the first time I tested it and every time I tested every
        > combination that I could think of that I went ahead and checked in
        my
        > changes. I mean I expected at least a few bugs when I first
        > compiled, but my way of doing it was so well planned out that it
        > worked right away.

        *evil grin*

        Or it's just seeming that way as it's 3 in the morning. ;p

        Mynex
      • Mark Hulsman
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 31, 2001
          > > I know I said I wasn't going to check the changes in until after
          > all
          > > the developers had a chance to look at them, but it worked so
          > > perfectly the first time I tested it and every time I tested
          every
          > > combination that I could think of that I went ahead and checked
          in
          > my
          > > changes. I mean I expected at least a few bugs when I first
          > > compiled, but my way of doing it was so well planned out that it
          > > worked right away.
          >
          > *evil grin*
          >
          > Or it's just seeming that way as it's 3 in the morning. ;p

          Nope, thats definitely not the case. I made sure to save and then
          compile and ran it through the testcases and they came out exactly as
          they should. And then I added several diferent combinations of
          nested loops in serval different places, even some with the old loops
          inside them and they all worked just like they should. but I still
          can't comprehend how the replacing of the %s is supposed to work.
        • merton_monk@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
            Hopefully in the next few hours I'll have some time to look at it.
            My guess is that you should have calls to getVariableValue
            (aString,"","") and in that method towards the top you should have it
            see if aString.startsWith("%") and if the hashmap contains a key
            named aString then return the value associated with that key.

            -Bryan