Re: [pcgen] Re: Two mm questions

  • Dave Fallon
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2001
      On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 07:19:54AM -0000, Mark Hulsman wrote:
      > > First, is there any way to specify the fly type (perfect, good,
      > > etc) in the lst file? I couldn't find an example of such...
      >
      > Currently there are 2 ways you can do this. The first is to make the
      > movement type Fly (Perfect) instead of just fly. The movements are
      > simply Strings and a number. Then later they get printed. You can
      > put whatever you want in there. The other way would be to add a SA
      > tag that specifies manuverability.

      Okay. Well, let's agree on one of those, and stick with that. Which one?

      > > Second, when putting in the AC for a monster, does that include the
      > > dex/size modifiers? For my thinking, it shouldn't as if the monster
      > > advances in HD (and thus size), or the dex changes, it'll be
      > > painful to work back and have things work.
      >
      > The only thing that should be included in that AC tag is Natural AC.
      > nothing else.

      Hrm. Okay, then there are monsters where this is incorrect. I'll fix the ones I see, but everyone should watch this.

      > > Third, when specifying HD advancement, how do you say the first
      > > range, the monster doesn't change size? For example, the yeth hound
      > > starts at 3 HD/medium, and stays that way until 6 hd. The examples
      > > I've looked at make no distinction. Help? ;)
      >
      > the format for the tag is #,#,#,#.... The first number is at the
      > creatures normal size. Anything bigger than the first is one size
      > bigger. Anything bigger than the second is 2 sizes bigger. And so
      > on, and the last number is the maximum size the creature can reach.

      Okay, so if you have a monster that's default 3/M, and advances 4-6 (M) and 7-10 (L), it should look like:

      :6,10

      if you have a monster that's default 3/M, and advances 4-6 (L) and 7-10 (H), then it looks like:

      :3,6,10

      ?

      dave