Blackguard spell list

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 26 12:20 PM
      Hello all, first time user (of PCGen) and poster here.

      Are the spell lists for the Blackguard included in the current (as of
      Feb 26) official download (from http://www.mcs.net/~mocha/frp/3e)?
      If not, has anyone entered them somewhere to save me some time? ;-)

      I noticed that a 5th level Blackguard character I created with a
      Wisdom of 13 had two 2nd level spells per day. Is that correct? I
      expected to see only 1.

      The character is also a Ranger and I was surprised to see that the
      Ambidexterity & Two-handed weapons class feats were missing. His
      Dexterity is only 12 so that might account for the missing feats.
      Seeing as this has already been filed as a defect, does anyone have a
      workaround until it is resolved?

      Thanks in advance,
      -Scott
    • skasi_2000@yahoo.de
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 26 12:42 PM
        --- In pcgen@y..., "Scott" <thornex2@y...> wrote:
        > Hello all, first time user (of PCGen) and poster here.
        >
        > Are the spell lists for the Blackguard included in the current (as
        of
        > Feb 26) official download (from http://www.mcs.net/~mocha/frp/3e)?
        > If not, has anyone entered them somewhere to save me some time? ;-)
        >
        > I noticed that a 5th level Blackguard character I created with a
        > Wisdom of 13 had two 2nd level spells per day. Is that correct? I
        > expected to see only 1.
        >
        > The character is also a Ranger and I was surprised to see that the
        > Ambidexterity & Two-handed weapons class feats were missing. His
        > Dexterity is only 12 so that might account for the missing feats.
        > Seeing as this has already been filed as a defect, does anyone have
        > a orkaround until it is resolved?

        The feats aren't missing! The ranger's class feature is implanted
        into PCGen (though there is currently a minor bug, when computing
        the TOHIT-bonus for a ranger). I assume you are wondering why the
        corresponding feats are not checked. This is no error, since the
        class feature should be regarded as a "virtual" feat. The "real"
        feats are something different. A ranger may get these "real" feats to
        use them when wearing medium or heavy armor (the "virtual" class feat
        only applies when wearing no or light armor).

        > Thanks in advance,
        > -Scott

        skasi
      • mocha@mcs.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 26 12:56 PM
          --- In pcgen@y..., "Scott" <thornex2@y...> wrote:
          > Hello all, first time user (of PCGen) and poster here.
          >
          > Are the spell lists for the Blackguard included in the current (as
          of
          > Feb 26) official download (from http://www.mcs.net/~mocha/frp/3e)?
          > If not, has anyone entered them somewhere to save me some time? ;-)

          I don't have my DMG handy to check, but the download should be
          correct.

          > I noticed that a 5th level Blackguard character I created with a
          > Wisdom of 13 had two 2nd level spells per day. Is that correct? I
          > expected to see only 1.

          Hm, I don't have my PHB either right now... but it seems that
          something is wrong. I created a Ran 5 Bla 3 and with a W 13 I could
          cast 2 first level spells and 1 second level spell. If I decrease to
          W 12 I can only cast 1 first level spell and 0 second level spells.
          Has anyone noticed this problem with other classes? It would appears
          as if the bonus castable spells are wrong.

          > The character is also a Ranger and I was surprised to see that the
          > Ambidexterity & Two-handed weapons class feats were missing. His
          > Dexterity is only 12 so that might account for the missing feats.
          > Seeing as this has already been filed as a defect, does anyone have
          > workaround until it is resolved?

          Those feats currently are shown only on the charactersheet and only
          if you're not wearing anything heavier than light armor. Were you
          expecting to see this in the Feats tab? This does bring up an
          interesting point on how to display the fact that someone has a
          virtual feat - put a (v) at the front of the feat's name?

          > Thanks in advance,
          > -Scott

          No problem!

          -Bryan
        • skasi_2000@yahoo.de
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 26 1:36 PM
            --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
            > --- In pcgen@y..., "Scott" <thornex2@y...> wrote:
            > > Hello all, first time user (of PCGen) and poster here.
            > >
            > > Are the spell lists for the Blackguard included in the current
            (as
            > of
            > > Feb 26) official download (from
            http://www.mcs.net/~mocha/frp/3e)?
            > > If not, has anyone entered them somewhere to save me some
            time? ;-)

            > I don't have my DMG handy to check, but the download should be
            > correct.
            >

            > > I noticed that a 5th level Blackguard character I created with a
            > > Wisdom of 13 had two 2nd level spells per day. Is that correct? I
            > > expected to see only 1.
            >
            > Hm, I don't have my PHB either right now... but it seems that
            > something is wrong. I created a Ran 5 Bla 3 and with a W 13 I could
            > cast 2 first level spells and 1 second level spell. If I decrease
            > W 12 I can only cast 1 first level spell and 0 second level spells.
            > Has anyone noticed this problem with other classes? It would
            appears
            > as if the bonus castable spells are wrong.

            There seems to be a bug, indeed. My first tests generated a 3rd level
            cleric (W13 or W12, doesn't matter) who has 2 2nd level spells,
            though he should only have 1 2nd level spell. (I'm speaking of
            the "normal" spells, no domain bonus-spells)

            > > The character is also a Ranger and I was surprised to see that
            the
            > > Ambidexterity & Two-handed weapons class feats were missing. His
            > > Dexterity is only 12 so that might account for the missing feats.
            > > Seeing as this has already been filed as a defect, does anyone
            have
            > > workaround until it is resolved?
            >
            > Those feats currently are shown only on the charactersheet and only
            > if you're not wearing anything heavier than light armor. Were you
            > expecting to see this in the Feats tab? This does bring up an
            > interesting point on how to display the fact that someone has a
            > virtual feat - put a (v) at the front of the feat's name?
            >

            > > Thanks in advance,
            > > -Scott
            >
            > No problem!
            >
            > -Bryan

            skasi
          • Scott
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 26 2:56 PM
              --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
              > Those feats currently are shown only on the charactersheet and only
              > if you're not wearing anything heavier than light armor. Were you
              > expecting to see this in the Feats tab? This does bring up an
              > interesting point on how to display the fact that someone has a
              > virtual feat - put a (v) at the front of the feat's name?

              My mistake, the feats were present just not visible until the
              character sheet was generated AND the worn armor was reduced to Light
              or None.

              I was expecting to see them before the character sheet was generated
              AND regardless of the character's currently worn armor. The character
              still has the feats, they are just temporarily restricted from using
              them, and should appear on the character sheet.

              If the class (virtual) feats do not display on the Feats tab, how
              about in the Special Abilities field on the Abilities tab? (Which is
              where I expected to see them)
            • Scott
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 26 3:08 PM
                --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
                > > Are the spell lists for the Blackguard included in the current
                > > (as of Feb 26) official download (from
                > > http://www.mcs.net/~mocha/frp/3e)?
                > > If not, has anyone entered them somewhere to save me some
                > > time? ;-)
                >
                > I don't have my DMG handy to check, but the download should be
                > correct.

                In the version I have, the individual spells do not appear in the
                Available list on the Spells tab when I select "Blackguard" and
                select a spell level (1-4). The Ranger spells, levels 1-4, do display.

                The files dmgclass.lst and dmgclassspell.lst look OK to me... :-(
              • skasi_2000@yahoo.de
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 26 3:24 PM
                  --- In pcgen@y..., "Scott" <thornex2@y...> wrote:
                  > --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
                  > > > Are the spell lists for the Blackguard included in the current
                  > > > (as of Feb 26) official download (from
                  > > > http://www.mcs.net/~mocha/frp/3e)?
                  > > > If not, has anyone entered them somewhere to save me some
                  > > > time? ;-)
                  > >
                  > > I don't have my DMG handy to check, but the download should be
                  > > correct.
                  >
                  > In the version I have, the individual spells do not appear in the
                  > Available list on the Spells tab when I select "Blackguard" and
                  > select a spell level (1-4). The Ranger spells, levels 1-4, do
                  display.

                  > The files dmgclass.lst and dmgclassspell.lst look OK to me... :-(

                  The order in which the campaigns are loaded is important in this
                  case! On the main-tab first select "Player's Handbook" and after that
                  "Dungeon Master's Guide". (Provided you don't use additional
                  campaigns). Hope that helps!

                  skasi
                • Scott
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 27 11:23 AM
                    --- In pcgen@y..., skasi_2000@y... wrote:
                    > The order in which the campaigns are loaded is important in this
                    > case! On the main-tab first select "Player's Handbook" and after
                    > that "Dungeon Master's Guide". (Provided you don't use additional
                    > campaigns). Hope that helps!

                    Thank you, selecting the PHB before the DMG worked and the spells now
                    appear. I consider that a significant usability issue, however, and
                    recommend that it be looked into as a future enhancement.

                    It would be nice if the PCGen would save the campaign selections so
                    you do not have to reselect them each time you launch. I imagine that
                    most people are selecting the same campaigns, in the same order, at
                    least 9 out of 10 launches. PCGen would not have to load the
                    campaigns, just preselect them.