Skip to search.

Let's Chat!

  • mocha@mcs.net
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 26, 2001
      I'd like to have a chat as a way to communicate with you all where
      things are at with PCGen, and where things are going. It would also
      help me get more input on what things people are waiting for in terms
      of code changes. Those of you who are working to incorporate various
      manuals (like the Psionics book) could also meet to divy up the work
      and let me know what kinds of changes I need to make to support it. I
      do intend to pick the Psionics book up, and according to Eric Noah's
      site, I think the book is out now. I intend to have more chats, so if
      you can't make it to this one, don't fret. I'll try to have some on
      weekends to accomodate those what can't make it during the weekdays
      (especially any non-USA people). It's easiest for me to chat at
      night, which is probably a hard time for our overseas guests. :)

      The Details:
      Where:on the Chat board for PCGen at yahoogroups.com
      When:Wednesday 28Feb01 at 9pm CST (so 10pm EST)
      'Til When:I'll plan on 30 minutes, longer if necessary. That *is*
      prime coding time for me, so I'll probably fish for ideas during the
      chat and then get to work! :)
    • Moulton, Ernie Mr USAREC
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 26, 2001
        I like the chat idea... although I didnt comment earlier. CST Indiana? Is
        that the only state that doesnt use Daylight Savings Time?

        Ernie Moulton
        E-Mail Administrator **
        ACS / HQ USAREC
        502 626-1664 FAX 502 626-0994
        mailto:moulton@...

        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 26, 2001
          Actually, Indiana is on CST, but Indianapolis is not (always). For
          whatever reason Indianapolis never changes time, so half the year
          they're EST, and half the year they're CST. I'm in Illinois, so
          that's CST all the way! :)

          -Bryan

          p.s. The board must be in pacific time because the timestamp on my
          posts are always 2 hours before I sent them (if I post at 11:30am the
          timestamp is 9:30am).

          --- In pcgen@y..., "Moulton, Ernie Mr USAREC" <moulton@u...> wrote:
          > I like the chat idea... although I didnt comment earlier. CST
          Indiana? Is
          > that the only state that doesnt use Daylight Savings Time?
          >

          > Ernie Moulton
          > E-Mail Administrator **
          > ACS / HQ USAREC
          > 502 626-1664 FAX 502 626-0994
          > mailto:moulton@u...

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Damian

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 26, 2001
              mmn> The Details:
              mmn> Where:on the Chat board for PCGen at yahoogroups.com
              mmn> When:Wednesday 28Feb01 at 9pm CST (so 10pm EST)
              mmn> 'Til When:I'll plan on 30 minutes, longer if necessary. That *is*
              mmn> prime coding time for me, so I'll probably fish for ideas during the
              mmn> chat and then get to work! :)
              great idea, but 10pm EST is 4am for me (CET) or 3am for British ppl on
              this list. maybe we could settle for 8pm EST? ;)

              Lonestar
            • Moulton, Ernie Mr USAREC
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 26, 2001
                When the mandatory DST law passed (about 30 years ago) states, and must be
                cities also, were allowed to opt out. Indiana opted out--ie chose not to
                change time to daylite in summer. I think the reason was the difficulty in
                explaining to cows that their milking time would change. Surely not that
                the milkers would have to start an hour early.... :)

                Ernie Moulton
                E-Mail Administrator **
                ACS / HQ USAREC
                502 626-1664 FAX 502 626-0994
                mailto:moulton@...

                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 26, 2001
                  Would the 2 hours difference make a big difference to others? I can
                  do that if the answer is yes. That means it will be 5pm for those on
                  the west coast. I guess I'd like to know what people prefer (post
                  only if it makes a difference)... which is do-able for you?
                  1. 7pm CST (8pm EST)
                  2. 7:30pm CST
                  3. 8pm CST
                  4. 8:30 CST
                  5. 9pm CST

                  -Bryan

                  --- In pcgen@y..., Lonestar <Lonestar@l...> wrote:
                  > mmn> The Details:
                  > mmn> Where:on the Chat board for PCGen at yahoogroups.com
                  > mmn> When:Wednesday 28Feb01 at 9pm CST (so 10pm EST)
                  > mmn> 'Til When:I'll plan on 30 minutes, longer if necessary. That
                  *is*
                  > mmn> prime coding time for me, so I'll probably fish for ideas
                  during the
                  > mmn> chat and then get to work! :)
                  > great idea, but 10pm EST is 4am for me (CET) or 3am for British ppl
                  on
                  > this list. maybe we could settle for 8pm EST? ;)
                  >

                  > Lonestar
                • Nigel Bennington
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 26, 2001
                    Any chance of a transcript Bryan?

                    I'm in the UK, and there's no way I can be there.

                    Nigel.

                    Would the 2 hours difference make a big difference to others? I can
                    do that if the answer is yes. That means it will be 5pm for those on
                    the west coast. I guess I'd like to know what people prefer (post
                    only if it makes a difference)... which is do-able for you?
                    1. 7pm CST (8pm EST)
                    2. 7:30pm CST
                    3. 8pm CST
                    4. 8:30 CST
                    5. 9pm CST

                    -Bryan

                    --- In pcgen@y..., Lonestar <Lonestar@l...> wrote:
                    > mmn> The Details:
                    > mmn> Where:on the Chat board for PCGen at yahoogroups.com
                    > mmn> When:Wednesday 28Feb01 at 9pm CST (so 10pm EST)
                    > mmn> 'Til When:I'll plan on 30 minutes, longer if necessary. That
                    *is*
                    > mmn> prime coding time for me, so I'll probably fish for ideas
                    during the
                    > mmn> chat and then get to work! :)
                    > great idea, but 10pm EST is 4am for me (CET) or 3am for British ppl
                    on
                    > this list. maybe we could settle for 8pm EST? ;)
                    >

                    > Lonestar

                  • STILES, BRAD
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 26, 2001
                      RE: [pcgen] Re: Let's Chat!

                      > Would the 2 hours difference make a big difference to others? I can

                      > 3. 8pm CST

                      My preferred.

                      Brad

                    • KahnB
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 26, 2001
                        I'd love to do that, Bryan, but thats 5:00 Am here in Holland, so I
                        think I can't make it. To bad...;)

                        On 26 Feb 2001, at 18:12, mocha@... wrote:

                        > I'd like to have a chat as a way to communicate with you all where
                        > things are at with PCGen, and where things are going. It would also
                        > help me get more input on what things people are waiting for in terms
                        > of code changes. Those of you who are working to incorporate various
                        > manuals (like the Psionics book) could also meet to divy up the work
                        > and let me know what kinds of changes I need to make to support it. I
                        > do intend to pick the Psionics book up, and according to Eric Noah's
                        > site, I think the book is out now. I intend to have more chats, so if
                        > you can't make it to this one, don't fret. I'll try to have some on
                        > weekends to accomodate those what can't make it during the weekdays
                        > (especially any non-USA people). It's easiest for me to chat at
                        > night, which is probably a hard time for our overseas guests. :)
                        >
                        > The Details:
                        > Where:on the Chat board for PCGen at yahoogroups.com
                        > When:Wednesday 28Feb01 at 9pm CST (so 10pm EST)
                        > 'Til When:I'll plan on 30 minutes, longer if necessary. That *is*
                        > prime coding time for me, so I'll probably fish for ideas during the
                        > chat and then get to work! :)

                        "Mögen Eure Würfel zur richtigen Zeit das richtige
                        Ergebnis aufweisen!

                        KahnB
                        kahnb@...
                        www.rollenspiel-club.de
                      • mocha@mcs.net
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 26, 2001
                          Sure. I'll upload a txt file of the transcript after we're done. I'd
                          like to keep it PG-13, so some editing may occur... ;)

                          -Bryan

                          --- In pcgen@y..., "Nigel Bennington" <nigel@i...> wrote:
                          > Any chance of a transcript Bryan?
                          >
                          > I'm in the UK, and there's no way I can be there.
                          >
                          > Nigel.

                        • kent
                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 26, 2001
                            Although I'm not certain what level of participation I would
                            provide anyway, I would be unable to participate before about
                            8:30CST (real world Obligs and all that.....

                            Kent
                          • Chris Wachal
                            Message 13 of 13 , Feb 26, 2001
                              Alas, my role playing group meets on Wednesdays at about 7 pm CST, so
                              none of these times work. It seems kind of silly to miss role
                              playing in order to talk about a program to make characters for role
                              playing. ;>

                              I'd like to know what happens. I just love this program, I can see
                              it being the best character generator for d20 systems.

                              Chris Wachal