SRD

  • Greg Bezoff
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 22, 2001
      I too am getting DNS errors trying to access the SRD at
      opengamingfoundation. Looks like it has been pulled.

      --------------------
      Greg

      "Life is like a sewer. What you get out of it depends on what you put into
      it."
    • Benjamin Pew
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 22, 2001
        I think it's far more likely that the server has crashed or there is some
        other problems, rather than the site being taken down permanently. Having
        recently worked at a .com, I know there's only about 50,000 things that can
        give that message that are just temporary problems. Try again in a few
        hours, or tomorrow.

        I too am getting DNS errors trying to access the SRD at
        opengamingfoundation. Looks like it has been pulled.

      • Emily Smirle
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 22, 2001
          Benjamin Pew wrote:

          > I think it's far more likely that the server has crashed or there is
          > some other problems, rather than the site being taken down
          > permanently. Having recently worked at a .com, I know there's only
          > about 50,000 things that can give that message that are just
          > temporary problems. Try again in a few hours, or tomorrow.

          True, we just had a major solar flare, coulda had power problems or
          hardware damage if the server wasn't properly shielded. Or it could just
          be regular old hiccoughs. But I like solar flares better ;)

          FWIW it's still down. *sigh*
          --
          A broken reflection on the surface of never . Emily Smirle
          from here to forever and back . <smirle4498@...>
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 22, 2001
            Ditto, but it seems like the whole OGF site is down, not jsut the SRD....

            Tom

            > I too am getting DNS errors trying to access the SRD at
            > opengamingfoundation. Looks like it has been pulled.
            >
            > --------------------
            > Greg
          • Phantom of Krankor
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 22, 2001
              Looks more like that to me. A frequent user says that this happens
              often. Probably isomedia (the host) is having problems again.

              -Greg G

              --- Benjamin Pew <benpew@...> wrote:
              > I think it's far more likely that the server has crashed or there is
              > some
              > other problems, rather than the site being taken down permanently.
              > Having
              > recently worked at a .com, I know there's only about 50,000 things
              > that can
              > give that message that are just temporary problems. Try again in a
              > few
              > hours, or tomorrow.

              http://personals.yahoo.com
            • Arcady
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 22, 2001
                Yeah...

                The SRD tends to crash every 3 seconds...
                Or at least it seems like it sometimes. I wouldn't stress over it being
                down.

                > Looks more like that to me. A frequent user says that this happens
                > often. Probably isomedia (the host) is having problems again.
                >
                > -Greg G
                >

                > --- Benjamin Pew <benpew@...> wrote:
                > > I think it's far more likely that the server has crashed or there is
                > > some
                > > other problems, rather than the site being taken down permanently.
                > > Having
                > > recently worked at a .com, I know there's only about 50,000 things
                > > that can
                > > give that message that are just temporary problems. Try again in a
                > > few
                > > hours, or tomorrow.

              • Greg Bezoff
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 23, 2001
                  >I think it's far more likely that the server has crashed or there is some
                  other problems, rather than the site being taken down permanently. Having
                  recently worked at a .com, I know there's only about 50,000 things that can
                  give that message that are just temporary problems. Try again in a few
                  hours, or tomorrow.
                  <

                  Right you are. The SRD is back.

                  --------------------
                  Greg

                  "Life is like a sewer. What you get out of it depends on what you put into
                  it."
                • William
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 30, 2003
                    has ther been any word on when epic will be add to the SRD? i know that there was some talk of it a while back but i haven't heard anything about it recently.

                  • Paul W. King
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 1, 2003
                      > has ther been any word on when epic will be add to the SRD? i know
                      > that there was some talk of it a while back but i haven't heard
                      > anything about it recently.

                      The last I heard was that they were going to look at both that and
                      Deities and Demigods on or after the RSRD came out.

                      Paul W. King
                      OGL/PL SB and BoD

                      PS: I apologize in for my lack of participation recently, multiple
                      business trips and Origins will do that to you. Further, I'm family
                      vacation next week, out on the road for business trips the following
                      2 (the 2nd week puts me w/i 1.5 hours of GenCon...whoo hoo!)
                    • Jonathan M. Thompson
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 1, 2003
                        This is also the last I understood as well. Especially since we have a
                        book coming out that we would like to use the D&DG in the material.

                        Jonathan M. Thompson
                        President, Battlefield Press, Inc.(http://www.battlefieldpress.com)
                        jthompson@... / AIM - GreyLnsman
                        Luftwaffe 1946 Role Playing Game - Available August 2003

                        > has ther been any word on when epic will be add to the SRD? i know
                        > that there was some talk of it a while back but i haven't heard
                        > anything about it recently.

                        The last I heard was that they were going to look at both that and
                        Deities and Demigods on or after the RSRD came out.

                        ---
                      • Smith, Andrew
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 1, 2003
                          Yes, Epic and D&DG will be added to the SRD. I've had drafts ready for a while, but then 3.5 came and took up all our spare time, so they've been pushed back until after the release. Hopefully they'll be up in late summer. 3.5 (and the 3.5 SRD) will include a smattering of Epic for those of you who need a level 20+ fix.

                          Andy Smith
                          Publishing/Licensing
                          Wizards of the Coast, Inc.

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 1, 2003
                            > Yes, Epic and D&DG will be added to the SRD.
                            <snip>
                            > Andy Smith
                            > Publishing/Licensing
                            > Wizards of the Coast, Inc.

                            All Hail Andy for his great work! From your sig, does this mean you
                            are no longer an overworked intern, but an overworked staff
                            member? :)

                            Paul W. King
                            OGL/PL SB and BoD
                          • Smith, Andrew
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 1, 2003
                              Overworked temp worker now. The job's the same, the pay is better, can't complain.

                              Andy Smith
                              Publishing/Licensing
                              Wizards of the Coast, Inc.

                              > Yes, Epic and D&DG will be added to the SRD.
                              <snip>
                              > Andy Smith
                              > Publishing/Licensing
                              > Wizards of the Coast, Inc.

                              All Hail Andy for his great work! From your sig, does this mean you
                              are no longer an overworked intern, but an overworked staff
                              member? :)

                              Paul W. King
                              OGL/PL SB and BoD

                            • B. K. Oxley (binkley)
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jul 1, 2003
                                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Smith, Andrew" <andrew.smith@w...> wrote:

                                > Yes, Epic and D&DG will be added to the SRD. I've had drafts ready for a while, but
                                then 3.5 came and took up all our spare time, so they've been pushed back until after
                                the release. Hopefully they'll be up in late summer. 3.5 (and the 3.5 SRD) will include a
                                smattering of Epic for those of you who need a level 20+ fix.

                                Great news! More fun to code up. :-)