Question about Classlst's or Feature Requests

  • zebuleon@peoplepc.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 21, 2001
      Is it possible to designate which domains a class can choose from,
      without having to choose a god, ie.air,animal, earth, fire, plant and
      water?

      Is it possible to designate a PRESPELL... subschool requirement ie.
      illusion(shadow)? and how to have a specific spell be a requirement
      for prestige classes ie. shadow conjuration?

      Is it possible to have a weaponauto: tag that allows for things like
      simple(ranged) or martial(melee) that give profiency with that further
      distinction? Or is it possible to have something like Armor
      Proficiency (Medium|except Chainmail)

      For Prespelltype is it possible to have a tag for Either(arcane or
      divine) or Both(arcane and divine)?

      How about a addition to the bonus tag to allow for additional spells
      form classes. something like BONUS:SPELL|Conjuration(Summoning)|1.
      How to make this the highest level castable is a another problem.

      I think thats it for now, I'm sure I'll have more later.

      Mario
    • mocha@mcs.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 21, 2001
        --- In pcgen@y..., zebuleon@p... wrote:
        > Is it possible to designate which domains a class can choose from,
        > without having to choose a god, ie.air,animal, earth, fire, plant
        and
        > water?

        Well, is there a particular reason you don't want to choose a deity?
        There's always the None deity, though that has all domains. You could
        always create deities which serve only as a way to group the domains.
        You could name the deities in such a way as to make clear what class
        should choose it.

        > Is it possible to designate a PRESPELL... subschool requirement ie.
        > illusion(shadow)? and how to have a specific spell be a
        requirement
        > for prestige classes ie. shadow conjuration?

        Not currently, but PRESPELLSCHOOLSUB: would be a good add for this.

        > Is it possible to have a weaponauto: tag that allows for things
        like
        > simple(ranged) or martial(melee) that give profiency with that
        further
        > distinction? Or is it possible to have something like Armor
        > Proficiency (Medium|except Chainmail)

        No, but you can list the individual weapons in the weaponauto: tag.
        there's no such possibility for armor. No class currently has any
        kind of exclusions from a given type of armor.

        > For Prespelltype is it possible to have a tag for Either(arcane or
        > divine) or Both(arcane and divine)?

        You can have two PRESPELLTYPE labels, one specifying Arcane, and one
        specifying Divine. It's not currently possible to do Arcane OR Divine.

        > How about a addition to the bonus tag to allow for additional
        spells
        > form classes. something like BONUS:SPELL|Conjuration(Summoning)|1.
        > How to make this the highest level castable is a another problem.

        How about BONUS:SPELLLEVEL=MAX|Summoning|1
        That would give you one extra spell matching either the domain,
        school, subschool or descriptor of the designated level (in this
        case, the max level castable). Although the level of the spell gained
        (to the number of spells castable, right?) would increase as the max
        level of spells castable increased. If you wanted it to be a static
        level (i.e. once you gain this ability, the level of spell gained
        would always remain the same) would probably be more in the domain of
        the ADD: tag.

        > I think thats it for now, I'm sure I'll have more later.

        Great!

        -Bryan

      • zebuleon@peoplepc.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 21, 2001
          These are all things I ran into for the prestige classes in Relic and
          Rituals that I'm helping dave with.

          --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
          > --- In pcgen@y..., zebuleon@p... wrote:
          > > Is it possible to designate which domains a class can choose from,
          > > without having to choose a god, ie.air,animal, earth, fire, plant
          > and
          > > water?
          >
          > Well, is there a particular reason you don't want to choose a deity?
          > There's always the None deity, though that has all domains. You
          could
          > always create deities which serve only as a way to group the
          domains.
          > You could name the deities in such a way as to make clear what class
          > should choose it.

          These domains are for the Incarnate, at third and fifth level he can
          choose one these domains to cast spells from. Since he has to start
          out as a druid he doesn't need to pick a deity.

          > > Is it possible to designate a PRESPELL... subschool requirement
          ie.
          > > illusion(shadow)? and how to have a specific spell be a
          > requirement
          > > for prestige classes ie. shadow conjuration?
          >
          > Not currently, but PRESPELLSCHOOLSUB: would be a good add for this.

          These are for the Penumbral Lord, he has to be able to cast 3
          illusion(shadow) spells and one of them has to be shadow conjuration.

          > > Is it possible to have a weaponauto: tag that allows for things
          > like
          > > simple(ranged) or martial(melee) that give profiency with that
          > further
          > > distinction? Or is it possible to have something like Armor
          > > Proficiency (Medium|except Chainmail)
          >
          > No, but you can list the individual weapons in the weaponauto: tag.
          > there's no such possibility for armor. No class currently has any
          > kind of exclusions from a given type of armor.

          The first part is for the penumbral again he has prof in dagger, club,
          quarterstaff and all simple ranged weapons. I could write all these
          in, but I was thinking of the future when more simple weapons are
          added to the present lists. the second part is for the Vigilant he is
          prof with Medium armor except Chainmail. Not sure why but thats what
          it says.

          > > For Prespelltype is it possible to have a tag for Either(arcane or
          > > divine) or Both(arcane and divine)?
          >
          > You can have two PRESPELLTYPE labels, one specifying Arcane, and one
          > specifying Divine. It's not currently possible to do Arcane OR
          Divine.

          This one is for the Sea witch, the spellcasting requirement is the
          ability to cast 3rd level spells. it doesn't matter what type though.
          If theres a different way to do this let me know

          > > How about a addition to the bonus tag to allow for additional
          > spells
          > > form classes. something like
          BONUS:SPELL|Conjuration(Summoning)|1.
          > > How to make this the highest level castable is a another problem.
          >
          > How about BONUS:SPELLLEVEL=MAX|Summoning|1
          > That would give you one extra spell matching either the domain,
          > school, subschool or descriptor of the designated level (in this
          > case, the max level castable). Although the level of the spell
          gained
          > (to the number of spells castable, right?) would increase as the max
          > level of spells castable increased. If you wanted it to be a static
          > level (i.e. once you gain this ability, the level of spell gained
          > would always remain the same) would probably be more in the domain
          of
          > the ADD: tag.

          this one is for the Summoner, they gain a bonus summoning spell of the
          highest level she may normally cast. What you suggest should work.

          Thanks Mario
        • David Cortijo
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 21, 2001

            wrote:
            > > Is it possible to designate which domains a class can choose
            from,
            > > without having to choose a god, ie.air,animal, earth, fire,
            plant
            > and
            > > water?
            >
            > Well, is there a
            particular reason you don't want to choose a deity?
            > There's always the
            None deity, though that has all domains. You
            could
            > always create
            deities which serve only as a way to group the
            domains.
            > You could
            name the deities in such a way as to make clear what class
            > should
            choose it.

            These domains are for the Incarnate, at third and fifth level he can
            choose one these domains to cast spells from. Since he has to start
            out as a druid he doesn't need to pick a deity.

            My suggestion for now is to create a phantom deity called "Incarnate" and assign the domains to that deity.  Provided feature 104 gets completed (I've pasted it below), you can use that CASTAS: tag to add the domain to the character's castable list.

            "104. Class can add the contents of another class's spell list to their own (excluding domains, including domains, or domains only - can be all classes or domains, or specifically listed ones), and can add more than one at a given level or more than once at different given levels. [Eldritch Master]"

            > > Is it possible to designate a
            PRESPELL... subschool requirement
            ie.
            > > illusion(shadow)?
            and how to have a specific spell be a
            > requirement
            > > for
            prestige classes ie. shadow conjuration?

            > Not currently, but
            PRESPELLSCHOOLSUB: would be a good add for this.

            These are for the Penumbral Lord, he has to be able to cast 3
            illusion(shadow) spells and one of them has to be shadow conjuration.

            I added this request to the list, as well as specifying a PRESPELL: tag for a requirement to cast a specific spell (without even reading this email - I need it for one of the classes I've designed for my own campaign).

            > > Is it possible
            to have a weaponauto: tag that allows for things
            > like

            simple(ranged) or martial(melee) that give profiency with that
            > further
            > > distinction? Or is it possible to have something like  Armor
            > > Proficiency (Medium|except Chainmail)
            >
            > No, but you
            can list the individual weapons in the weaponauto: tag.
            > there's no such
            possibility for armor. No class currently has any
            > kind of exclusions
            from a given type of armor.

            The first part is for the penumbral again he has prof in dagger, club,
            quarterstaff and all simple ranged weapons.  I could write all these
            in, but I was thinking of the future when more simple weapons are
            added to the present lists.  the second part is for the Vigilant he is
            prof with Medium armor except Chainmail. Not sure why but thats what
            it says.

            I would list the weapons manually - there aren't many simple ranged weapons.  If another gets added, it shouldn't be a big deal to add (most classes already have proficiency in simple weapons anyway, so it shouldn't be a huge concern in any case).